a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Friday, November 03, 2006

Bringin Sexy Back....

It rains, and it rains, and it rains, and that is Oregon.
I've been having the urges to get back into writing here, but I haven't really brought myself to do it. Finally though, I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things and write almost everyday if possible.
Despite is being miserable outside I kind of like it. It makes you want to go inside and get warm and then just hang out, or in my case, spend hours upon hours on my computer.

I thought I wrote better back in the day, now it feels quite choppy and not any way like I talk. Like just then, I completed a sentence and didn't leave any room to expand on it. I'm going to have to work on this.

As for the happenings and thoughts of late:
I'm super excited that today is Friday. It means no responsibilities for the next few days and it means I can hopefully finally relax and sleep and play video games and stuff. I've been pretty busy with the 21 credit load I'm taking this term. Towards the beginning of the year it was managable- and it still is to a degree- and everything kind of fell into place. But lately I've been having projects and papers all due at the same time, as if it's been worked out among all the teachers to assign things at the same time, and then to allow us to take a break at the same time as well. The major things on the agenda are my individual and group project for my Creativity and content class. By the way, that class is fantastic, I enjoy the stimiluation it's given me to begin creating ideas and art again. I've drawn more often than I have any other time in my life, and I've been thinking harder too I think. Not to mention the great professor who teaches it, she's way cool, like a mix of my old English teacher Miss Shigamasa and my leadership advisor and teacher Deb Monnier, then she also adds her own very cool personality. She's very contagious, and very fun. Then there is the newly assigned German group project. That one won't actually be too bad. There is a philosophy essay that we'll get on monday. Then in my other Journalism we get exercises every week or so. It doesn't actually sound like much, but they all take time, and obviously that resource is finite. In fact, every one of my resources is in some way limited, so unfortunatley I have to be smart and use them wisely.

I'll tell you what, Music is the key to life man. Just walk around for a few hours and listen to your Ipod or whatever technology you have. Then note the different feelings you have because of the muisc. It's fantatsic! Who would have thought one thing could completely change the scenario and in most of my instances make it so much more surreal and powerful. Putting your music on shuffle is especially effective in creating different moods.

We had an advertising guy come into class yesterday and he gave us some pretty cool ideas. he said, there are ten ways to become a more interesting person.

1.Always Carry A Camera.
-take a photo a day, at least.
-share what you've done.
2. Keep a Scrapbook.
3. Start a Blog!
4. Record a 20 minute interview with someone.
5.Sit in a coffee shop for an hour and make notes of other people's converstaions.
6. Every week read a magazine you've never read before.
7. Collect Something.
8. Read: Understanding Comics, The Mezzanine, and The Visual Display of Quantitative Information.
9. Write 50 words about a piece of art, a piece of music, and a piece of film every month.
10. Talk to your Parents.

So the goal is to just do those for a while, and hopefully come up with some other neat things to do with my life. Hoorah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home