a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Thursday, November 16, 2006

gooh

I spend over two hours watching television tonight. I can't believe how much crap they put in there. It's not the shows, I like the Office and I like Grey's, the thing I can't stand the commercials, product placement, and selfless advertising going on. It's gross. "oh hey WILLIAM SHATNER will be hosting our show next week! Make sure to tune in to the guy who has already milked his freaking career to death." "I love to shred paper, let me use this staples premium shredder and tell how it can even shred CD's, just like it showed on the commercial right before this clip." It's disgusting, and it's what I'm supposed to be learning to fix. In my J399 class we're learning to be better than that, create helpful, global altering advertising. We don't want advertising that hurts society and the world, and I'm pretty sure that's like 98% of stuff out there right now. It's gross and it makes me feel sick. Why do people have to suck so bad so often? Scott told me the other day his uncle ran into Justin Timberlake on a basketball court a while back. Rather, his uncle was denied access to a public court because Justin Timberlake was an ass and didn't give up the public basketball court. I've heard a ton about celebrities that are douche bags; what the hell? No one should be rude, especially super privelaged people who have it all.
That basketball comment thing made me think of a conversation i had with Mark about athletes. I say they're not important, and especially a significant amount less important than teachers, but they get screwed with paychecks. He argued that this wasn't true. Whether or not he was serious he actually kept up an argument that they are role models and junk, but honestly that doesn't matter. If you got rid of one of them, which is more likely to be missed? Without teachers you don't have educated and enriched children, without athletes you don't have......? You don't lose much. I don't care, I applaud their skills and all, but I don't care. Thats my rant for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home