a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Monday, November 06, 2006

It's true...

For the first time in a long time I had the urge to learn and really educate myself. I immediately went to CNN and read the top stories of the day, then looked into the political stuff going on, mainly involving the elections and read up on stuff. Then I headed over to NY Times and read some articles about the elections and some information about the results of the Saddam Hussein trials. That then led me to think about Iraq and how little I know about the conflicts going on there, which in turn led me to my favorite informative site, wikipedia.
Overall, I learned a bit more about the world, and I really hope I continue to do this kind of thing. My ultimate goal being that I can declare myself a useful and informed member of society. I don't want to be one of the 30-40% of Americans who don't know what's going on, or who important people in our government are. I don't like that, and I don't like that a comment like, "it was awhile ago, and it happened in Europe" from my German teacher can be brushed of so casually and accepted as an okay reason for not understanding another culture. I want to stop that, and hopefully I can. I think people are capable, they just don't try, and aren't being fed the necessary dosage of correct information.
Anyway, if I president everyone would be super smart and help society grow positively, but that'd be in my idealistic world, and unfortunately that doesn't exist.

Also: do you hate this women as much as I do? Go ahead, look at the other things she posts. It's not that I am not open to others ideas, but I honestly can't stand crazy super republican people, they bug the crap out of me. Any crazy super whatever people for that matter. Crazy super religious, for example. Maybe I'd be okay with crazy super intelligent, or crazy super creative people, yeah, they'd be cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home