a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Karma Police , I've given all I can, its not enough

With weekends like this it’s hard for summer not to be here. This morning I woke up early, nine o'clock is early for a weekend, and enjoyed an extended morning with my dad and the television, and some breakfast food.
That’s one thing, growing older and more mature, at least it feels like that's happening, has made me appreciate and love my parents so much more. We are on such good terms and that is so fortunate for me. And my dad is so cool. I would have to say every friend of mine can tell just how awesome he is because he doesn't act like an overbearing parent at all but still keeps people aware of his authority, and not at all in a bad way.
So back to the day, Scott came over and we played Halo! What a surprise. We did yesterday and we did today. It was great. We sat there for 7 or so hours, ate an entire pizza ourselves, a gallon of Kool-aid and Pink Lemonade, then later for dinner chicken and green beans and potatoes. And that is how it went down. How couldn't life be great? My future roommate, which is great since we'll do it a lot next year, food, and video games. It’s true what girls say. It’s a shame to admit that what the girls said the other night is true. Guys and video games will forever be married. Oh well it’s a fact of life. Unless better educated there isn't much people talk about. Its girls, friends, current entertainment and that’s usually it. I want to be better educated. I want to be wise beyond my years. I can't win arguments. I've had several, and I've never won. My arguments have been with smarter, more knowledgeable people and that doesn't help me.
I've noticed I actually choose challenges. With girls I couldn't handle a girl who likes me off the bat and went after me. I've noticed that, I wouldn't know what to do, it’s uncomfortable and that’s probably why I've been single. I have to do the liking. For other situations, I get into games versus better people, or handicap myself so they're better. It seems easier to accept defeat than win. I've only won once in tennis yet that doesn't bother me. Everyone seems to be better than me at everything and I'm okay with it. That is so strange I can't even begin to get it. I must be the epitome of lazy, because if it’s easier to lose than win, I just don’t want to try. I'm sure if I tried I'd be great.
Certain people make me exceptionally happy. Like whenever I'm around them I can't help but smile. To you people, I'm thankful for you being around to brighten even the crappiest of days. Life can seem so simple at times. I am in some kind of state right now. It doesn't seem complicated at all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is so much to comment on that I forgot most of what I was going to say. I don't think everyone is better than you at everything or that you're too lazy to care. To me it sounds like a lack of self esteem. And if boys are married to videogames because they love them then I guess I'm married to them too. Other girls just don't know what they're missing with videogames, or they're too busy gossiping about boys and don't realize you can do both those things at the same time. Oh and I'm sure you could start an argument with me and win. I'll be the easy starter edition.
-Danielle

8:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home