a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Sunday, May 08, 2005

We're so close

With Prom down, now all we have left is graduation then we're out of here. And when I really think about it, it doesn't seem right at all. I am much too young to be getting out right? Whenever I think of graduation I think my brothers, who are much older and of course I can't get to that point. But no, it is close, very close, and so begins the rest of my life.

Growing old has both very exciting and very scary qualities. I'm moving on I'm going to experience a lot, but I'm not going to be where I am now anymore. It's much too hard to explain so I won't bother. But next year, oh wow next year will be amazing. Scott and I are going to have such a great time at Oregon, and in Germany, and now that I know what really good fun is, I'm going to strive to attain it as much as possible.

As far as ladies go, Mr. anonymous person I don't really care. Sure it's nice to have the contact, which is what I spoke of, but most of all it’s the company. Last night for example, very very nice company and cuddling doesn't hurt. It's moments like that I like. The contact with someone, where you can feel the heat of their body, and you are both completely and utterly comfortable and could sit there forever. Whether it's watching a movie, or just riding in a limousine with the sweet sounds of Damien rice. Or just sitting there talking or enjoying being with each other. So sure, it is the touch, but don't bother getting offended. If you know how I talk I'd say something like "hook-ups" without meaning any offense. But whatever, like I said it doesn't matter.

Elliot Smith can take it away...

they asked me to come down and watch the parade
and to march down the street like the duracell bunny
with a wink and a wave from the cavalcade
throwing out candy that looks like money
to people passing by that all seem to be going the other way
said won't you follow me down to the rose parade?
tripped over a dog in a choke-chain collar
people were shouting and pushing and saying
and when i traded a smoke for a food stamp dollar
a ridiculous marching band started playing
and got me singing along with some half-hearted victory song
won't you follow me down to the rose parade?
won't you follow me down to the rose parade?
won't you follow me down to the rose parade?
the trumpet has obviously been drinking
because he's fucking up even the simplest lines
i'd say it's a sight that's quite worth seeing
it's just that everyone's interest is stronger than mine
and when they clean the street i'll be the only shit that's left behind
won't you follow me down to the rose parade?
won't you follow me down to the rose parade?
won't you follow me down to the rose parade?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i love elliot smith, and that song for that matter, did you know its about Portland, cause he came from here, way to represent! i had an awesoe time at prom, you are a freakin guy, i hope we keep in touch. hannah

8:02 PM

 
Blogger Caleb! said...

There's a difference between being horny and being affectionate. I don't think you're just horny all the time.

Whatever. That's my two cents on that issue. Never let anyone tell you you don't deserve what you want.

10:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home