a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Today was actually better

Yesterday sucked. I burnt fudge while trying to warm it into a liquid for strawberry dipping. That was one of the worst, most concentrated smells ever. The highlight was, by far, playing Halo with my dad instead of studying. Everything else blew really hard. I despise Tuesday May 11, 2005.

Today is a bit better, even after taking an AP test. The Gov test wasn't too hard at all except one essay. The saddest thing ever happened though, Elyse Gambino, who went through a great ordeal to sign-up since she missed the date, overslept and came late and wasn't allowed to take the test. Incredibly sad I know. But the test went on, and that is when I laughed and whispered, and made it obvious I was talking to Taylor about the essays. He is a funny kid. I look over after reading all the prompts and see him give me a look of disgust and I know what it's about. The third question was something we'd never ever heard of. We go 25 minutes into writing; David has two done, Taylor, .5. Another 20 minutes, David 3 down, Taylor 2. Now, we're both working on question three- I had skipped around- and I look at him. And this is Taylor mumbling quietly, "fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck" Yes, he did it that many times and it was so incredibly funny. The unsuspecting people are the best for that kind of thing. Alas, we both make valiant attempts and will probably squeak off with a 3. Maybe higher for him.

Now I leave and experience what life would be like if school was open campus. We'd be able to go out like Coreyann, Lindsey, and I did and go to Pizza Schmizza and Starbucks and make everyone in English class jealous. In English we're starting new novels and I chose Cats Cradle. Very bizarre as of yet, one of the strangest writing styles I've ever encountered. In fact, I really am curious how someone thought the idea up. It's so strange, "Call me Jonah. My parents did, or nearly did. They called me John." That is the first three lines of the book. It's just such a strange style, I think.

Then comes tennis and girls lacrosse where I was extremely disappointed in our girls. LAST GAME OF THE SEASON AND CAREER of must girls, at least high school career, and not one of them got booted. I asked each one to please, in the last few minutes, get a red car. But no! They didn't. The best was Courtney Scarborough whacking at a girl and getting a yellow card. I wanted to see blatant beatings! Come up behind a girl and check her so she falls face first into the mud. COME ON!!!!! Why not?! Nothing can happen to you, are you going to get kicked out of the game? with a minute to go? and no more games to get disqualified from? Uh oh, better not do it. Girls, girls, girls. You disappoint me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

vonnegut, eh?? He's bizarre, but that's what you have to love about him and his writing style! He's one of my favorites. If you like Cat's Cradle, read "Slaughterhouse-Five"...it's probably his best.

7:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home