a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Sunday, May 08, 2005

PROM-PROM-PROM

Today was the day of Prom and let me tell you, what a joyous day it was. We begin with me waking after a frightful dream that it was 5:45 and I had just woken up and no one was there and nothing was ready even though we'd be leaving shortly. I pretty much freaked out and that’s when I woke up really fast and looked at the time; 11:00am safe and sound. I made the necessary calls to verify our dinner, limo, and the works. Then the guys of the group got together and bought the snacks for the night, and then Brent, Scott, and I went to Brent’s and played Halo until it was prep time.

So then comes prep, and the beginning of the pictures. I pick up Megan, her mom takes pictures, we come home, and my parents take lots of pictures. I think I definitely would make a good events planner because I pretty much took care of it and it wasn't too hard at all. So the Limo comes and holy crap! It's so freaking nice, I've been excited all day and it’s finally working out and this Limo is just so nice looking and the inside is amazing. We all hop in after hundreds of pictures and drive off to prom. We brought Sparkling cider and started sipping that, listening to music, getting ready for dinner and taking even more pictures inside. I'd have to say this is going to be one of the most well documented evenings of the year.

So we get to Newport bay and I kid you not the entire place was filled with Prom kids. Talk about feeling incredibly unoriginal. It was honestly packed with people in tuxes and dresses, however not for our school. Valley Catholic had their prom, and I wouldn't doubt it was at the Adrianne, right below ours. Dinner was fantastic as was the company. I had so much fun today, probably the most fun I've had in a while.

So then, before we get to the Crown, we're cruising in the Limo, bumpin to Paul Oakenfold and the laser light show is going and the lights are changing colors and it's just awesome. We are all incredibly pumped and ready to dance.

Then we get their and it was one of the neatest experiences ever. All seniors, well mostly, and everyone I know. I wouldn't doubt I knew almost everyone in there and that was awesome! I'd walk around the corner, "HEY!!!" walk a bit more, "HEY!!!!" I was so excited about it.

DANCING WAS FREAKING WICKED!!!! I danced the most I ever have at any dance, and funny enough, had the most fun I ever have. This definitely goes to show I don't need booze or drugs to get me pumped because I must have been running on adrenaline or something because I was in such a good mood. Ah jeeze, the best dance ever!

Megan and I danced a lot and had a great time and it was awesome. It really seemed too short, but that’s alright, it was plenty worth it, and on the way home it was the best ride ever. We cranked out the Damien Rice, all the girls were leaning against the guys and cuddling and just listening to Mr. Rice serenade us.

Then we get home to my house, more of that stuff and we watch Phantom of the Opera with the addition of Weston and Anneliese, and Jessica and Taylor. The movie is really good; It seemed a lot faster than it was in the theater back whenever that was. Then pretty much everyone left, except Jeff, Megan, Scott, and Hannah. So half. We played board games and Halo, and here I am now, writing in this blog watching as the sun is coming out, and the sky is getting brighter. Enya is helping the transition.

SERIOUSLY BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is in response to some of the previous posts:

"How I long for cuddling. Too bad two boys yanked my hook-ups. I'm pretty happy with that repetition right there, its catchy, and true! Oh so true, there are hundreds of girls at school, yet the only two I ever look to for such things aren't even accessible."

and

"I like the idea of having someone again, or at least cuddling with someone. I haven't done that in such a long time. The soft comforting pressure from the person right next to me, ah yes cuddling is amazing."

David, I really don't think it's respectful of you to long for cuddling, or for the mere sensation of having a body pressed close to you. This is reducing girls to physical entities that only fulfill some physiological need. Granted, it's not far from what most guys desire, but I think your craving is only a milder form of sexual lust, and this doesn't agree with your overall benevolence and character.

I'm not saying it's wrong for you to have these feelings, I'm only suggesting that posting them publically is incongruous with your general personality. Your blog is undoubtedly a rewarding read for your audience and an introspective tool for yourself, but I would reconsider the way in which you describe your romantic aspirations, and how they could be hurtful to the girls who care for you.

If I were a girl interested in you, I don't think I would enjoy being labeled a "hook-up," even if you mean it in a different sense than the typical definition.

I hope you can use this as constructive criticism. Keep on bloggin'.

12:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, so anyway, back to prom, that really was a great night that ended too soon. I don't care if my shoes were killing me, another hour of dancing like an idiot never hurt anyone. Let's have another prom before the year's up!
-Danielle

12:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home