a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Thursday, May 05, 2005

'Bout that time eh chap?

Today is 05-05-05. Can you say awesome?! This isn't going to happen for another 100 years. It's like we should celebrate, and I did! I took an AP English Literature test this morning. Oh what an occasion that was. The multiple choice didn't seem overly difficult nor did the essays, that is, except the first one. Man oh man I had no idea what to write, so I sat there for thirty minutes writing nothing, and just thinking. Luke got done with 50 minutes to spare, then Brian, Me, Luke, and Taylor started talking and passing notes. That’s right, during an AP test, F you Mr. College Board. Then I went to lunch and had a tasty lunch fuelled with conversation of Jacob Collin-Wilson's latest read, "Battle Royale."
So in this book 50 or so students are sent to an island and told only one of them may live, they are each given a different weapon, a days worth of food rations and told to go. So we were like, what the heck would we do? First crap our pants and cry, then what? Could I handle anything? If I were stuck in this situation what would I do? The thing is we will never know. I feel an urge to test my limits though. How far can I go?! I'm so curious and so sad I'll never ever know. I need to get in a fight so bad, if not to win and see how well I do, to get the crap beaten out of me to see how foolish I was to go into it.

In other news:
*I got a haircut and now I look 15.
*My glasses are coming in tomorrow.
*AP English is officially out of my mind.
*Tennis is pretty much over.
*Girls are hard.
*I'm going to read so many books this summer! I've got a list of 10 already, and those are only quick suggestions, there are lists that I'll be reading, hundreds of books!

1 Comments:

Blogger Caleb! said...

Have you read Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck? I am reading it right now, and I like it a lot! I never had to read it for school like a lot of people did.

It's only about 100 pages long, too! You should check it out!

4:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home