a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

...come sit on my wall.....

Today is the start of my new schedule where I start getting busy. I had tennis after school until about 6 and then dinner until I left with my cousin for his B-Ball practice an hour later.
I'll start with tennis. Our new coach, who happens to be my Elementary school P.E. teacher is a lot more active than Todd Powell. Coach Powell let us run our own practices which left for very lazy ones. We'd play against eachother and if he tried to get us to do work, we'd say no and do what we wanted. This new coach doesn't have the close ties with the players so we can't do that sort of thing. He's making us do drills and actually work for it. I'm a lazy guy so its not ideal, but I'll take it. I'm excited to have something to do afterschool for a few months. I need to get music out there though. It makes it much more enjoyable. Speaking of music, I'm listening to Damien Rice at the moment. When I first heard him I didn't really care for it, but then I heard it some more, and now I really like it. He's got awesome stuff.
Now onto B-ball practice. It was Father-son day so to speak. I played the role of the father for my cousin seeing as how my Grandpa is a little too old to be running the courts. It was a blast. The kids are so excited about it and love it to death. I wish I could have been the assistant coach. They've got some things they need to understand like not to try and steal the ball from their own guys so they can have it. Basically equal ball time and sharing. Thats it, the rest they've got covered. My cousin is rad by the way. He's half-black which adds to his funktastic points.
I think all this readiness for next year and all these new goals and habits are a little bit of a maturity deal, and thats pretty sweet. I'm on my way up and I think I'll do just fine.
I've got more math homework to do, and some straightening up to do, so I'm off, have a great day/night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elyse said...

Hey David- that is rad that you can call someone "funktastic"- shit... I wish that I could. :-\ You rock man, YOU ROCK! I am super glad that you and I are friends AND... I think that we should hang out again sometime soon!

10:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home