a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Tell me am I right to think that there could be nothing better....

I'd first like to start with a shout out to Patrick for giving me the origin of the word funk and its several meanings, thanks for that bud.
Today was another good day. While I did in fact outsleep my alarm, thus not allowing me to exercise this morning, I did enjoy it. First period is still good, I think I ought to just sit with another kid and watch him work, I bet i could learn faster that way. Then third period I walked Kalena halfway home, I stopped at my house and got some snacks for yearbook kiddos. She's a cool girl that Kalena, and gives really good hugs. I will also not deny the fact she is attractive, she'll be a good friend. Then school went on, and Government was alright, some bills these kids are trying to pass seem crazy. I think I might as well do the same, I should propose a new one; "Legalize all drugs for a yearlong period" thus allowing all the stupid people who would use them to OD and die, thus leaving the somewhat better people to enjoy the world. Now of course, this is only hardcore drugs, anything besides Pot basically. Pot wouldn't kill them, or at least not fast enough. Only thing, all non-drug users must be warned not to drive, ever. Let the stupid mofo's drive and kill themselves. Also send all smokers, tobacco, away, I don't like it and it hurts me. lets send them in installments into shark infested pools. OR! Onto an island, a super large island, and they can live away from everyone else. Like, we could give up one of the Caribbean islands, or even better, one of the millions of Polynesian islands. We wouldn't give them any boats of anysort, they'd be left to fend for themselves, completely shut off from the world. This would make things better, of course you'd still have the assholes and such, but at least its a start.
Tonight was sweet. I came home, took a nap in my "sun" couch, then was left alone while my sister and dad went to her dance. I played with my dog for a long time, ate healthy snacks, and listened to music while i did my math lab. I enjoyed the peacefulness and the alone time. No one is online right now and thats a good thing, It'll force me to go to bed, or at least not talk forever. I think I should have given up AIM for lent. I still could....but I'm not willing enough to, what a jerk.
Tomorrow, I'll wake up early, considering its a late day, and get stuff done, like a workout or something.

Enjoy your evening with more of the Shins:
Shut out, pimpled and angry.
I quietly tied all my guts into knots.
Gave up on trying to make them,
I figured it'd take them too long to look up and besides...

It was undeniably clear to me i don't know why
When every other part of life seemed locked behind shutters
I knew what worthless dregs we've always been.

Lucked out and found my favorite records
Lying in wait at the birmingham mall.
The songs that i heard,
The occasional book
Were the only fun i ever took.
And i got on with making myself.
The trick is just making yourself.

But when they're parking their cars on your chest
You've still got a view of the summer sky
To make it hurt twice when your restless body
Caves to its whims
And suddenly struggles to take flight...

Three thousand miles north east
I left all my friends at the morning bus stop shaking their heads.
"what kind of life you dream of? you're allergic to love."
Yes i know but i must say in my own defense
It's been undeniably dear to me, i don't know why
When every other part of life seemed locked behind shutters
I knew the worthless dregs we are,
The selfless, loving saints we are,
The melting, sliding dice we've always been.

1 Comments:

Blogger Z said...

I'm glad to hear that. Freaking A, I hate smokers, or at least their smoking habit. Dumb dumb choice. Stupid heads.

11:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home