a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Friday, February 25, 2005

I truly am Ironman!

Today was all about the blood. I slept in a little bit to make sure i wasn't tired in the morning and I ate a big breakfast to nourish myself. I got to math, didn't understand most of it and moved on to Leadership. We had Joseph Stalin's grand-daughter. She locked us in the room, and made sure that no one left. Despite the fact that we normally move about freely, she made it apparent we would sit in the room and do absolutely nothing for 90 minutes. Needless to say, multiple people back talked her and gave her lip, which she deserved.
Then Scott and I went up to the Blood Center. First we filled out some paperwork, some of our answers slightly false, like leaving the country in the past year, and living in a foreign country for a little more than 3 months. We had to do this to ensure we could give blood. We know we didn't get a disease there because we didn't do anything that would entail such a thing, so don't think of us in a bad way. Anywho, then we got our finger pricked to check for Iron. We both had a good amount, both drops sank quickly. Then we got to the giving part. Scott got called before me and was seated and prepped just as I was seated. I saw him get his needle in, along with seeing Collin Clemens, and then it was my turn. The lady marked my vein with a felt marker and that actually hurt more than the needle. As it turns out, my blood flows like a freaking river because I beat both Collin and Scott. Total time it took for me to fill a pint: 5 minutes. Collin: 18, Scott: 8(?) something like that. Needless to say I won, and I didn't feel bad at all. I got up feeling completely normal and ready to give more. I was happy with how it worked out because it was probably the best it could have gone, and now I know its a piece of cake. I'm completely ready to save more lives. BOOYA!
Tonight has been exceptionally boring. I've talked with some cool people for a short amount of time, but not long enough.
I'll tackle girl problems later, I've got to get up at 6:15 tomorrow, DZ OUT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home