a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Why'd you fill my sorrow, with the words you borrowed?

I cannot get enough of Damien Rice at the moment. I absolutely love "O" and have listened to it at least three times today. The songs are so good and his lyrics are perfect. I wish I had the creativity he does and his vocals skills. If you want to listen to a great CD, get "O" and listen to it a lot. It's good for a quite, calm atmosphere. I'd like to have a better roof so I could sit on it, watch the stars and play his music. I really need an Ipod, I'm tired of lugging around my CD's and CD player. Dang, its like gold, this Damien Rice guy. "stones taught me to fly...love taught to lie...life taught me to die......so its not hard to fall, when you float like a cannonball..."
Yesterday was good, even more so now after thinking of the good things that happened. Today was uber boring. I burned several CD's enjoyed the lovely sun, saw Jeff and did some homework. I'll retract my boring statement, it wasn't too bad. I had the morning to myself. And its then that I pictured myself being older and having my own house to manage. I liked it. I did the laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, cleaned my room, tidied the bathroom, and most of the rest of the house. I'd want to have someone to share it with though. It'd get old doing it for myself, I'd want a beautiful wife to do it for, and then cook for her.
I want to be a great husband, not whipped of course, but willing to take care of the woman I love. It's going to be a great feeling to have someone love me as much as I love them, and in the same way. I shouldn't think of marriage, its much farther in the future, I'd say at least 10 years, but I can't help it. I get these ideas of the fantastic things I could do. I don't know how I'll settle for what I'll end up with, not spouse-wise, but life style. I've watched these TV shows about these rich famous people who own freaking islands and I want so badly to have that when I grow up. It'd be absolutely amazing to be like the guy who owns Virgin Records, Richard something. He's extremely rich and has so much to give. I don't want to sound material. I just know whats out there and for the moment its hard to thing I'll have to settle for much much less.
I don't want to think about Marriage. I'm 17! I have hundreds of dates left before I get to that point. My imagination always gets the best of me. I need to live now, not in my head in the future. There are millions of girls out there, why should I think of only one right now? I need to get out and date. Next year Scott and I will be out, all the time, dating. Maybe, he's got Hannah, so I might be flying solo. It's this music, it paints pictures of relationships and all the love involved, and my not having any makes me want it so bad, and its always about one girl. I don't listen to music about guys who get around. They always have one love, and it sounds so right. Damien Rice had a hard break-up of some sort. Funny thing is, I've got a funny sort of feeling of a connection between his feelings and mine, but I haven't had anyone. Only thoughts of them. I could pick out sentences from every one of his songs and put it towards one of my thoughts. That actually applies to all the music I listen to.
It was such a lovely day out today, I wish I had done something with someone. This is where a girl would come in. We could hop in my car and go out, go for a long walk, play tennis, ride bikes, have a picnic, just about a million and five things, but instead I was at home, in my backyard by myself.
Life revolves around Love. If you've made it this far in my entry, you're a trooper. Thanks for reading. Maybe you can add something to wake me from this dreamland I'm living in.
I look to my Eskimo friend...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel about girls. Heck, I feel the same way about guys! It's just nice to know that someone can relate....

11:20 PM

 
Blogger Elyse said...

Oh MAN! David... I really know how you feel. As much as I boast about wanting to date for ten years... so much of me just WANTS TO BE IN LOVE! Its true, life revolves around love. There is nothing wrong with wanting to have a girl, one that would hop in your car for a nice drive and go on a picnic with you. Ahh... that would be nice. ANYWAY, tell you what.. .next year... I will bring down cute girls that I meet in school and you can find a cool guys you meet in school, and we can go on cute collegie eugene dates (if scotbot is still with Hannah <3) Ahhaha, that is idealistic and probably wont happen perfectly like I would want.. but whatever, since i have a great car I will come down to visit you guys ALL the time! Seriously, I am so glad that you and he will be near, and then Vanessa too. Honestly, 3 of the seniors that i like the most and they will all be there. LUCKY ME! Anyway... yeah, date forever, but DREAM of the girl who will make you want to never date again. Whoever you marry will be SOOO lucky. You are a catch.

12:13 AM

 
Blogger Natalee said...

Ahh David.. it's good to know that boys day dream about this too. I like that you aprechiate(spelling??) the guy that's not a player. Those aren't the guys us girls go for. I just hope that I choose the right paths that lead me to that one perfect guy that will love me as much I love him. I saw Hitch- and thought of you! Too bad you're at school now though- we just got out because our boys boasketball team has their reigon competition today!! LOVES LOVES LOVES!

9:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree with Elyse. You shouldn't have too much trouble getting a lady. I mean how you talk about treating her is great. And keep daydreaming. Who cares if you're thinking about things that are a long way off. I don't see anything wrong in that.
-Danielle

4:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone wiser than me sent me this analogy when I was in kind of a funk about the same deal:

"Your life is a race you run. And you should run with your focus on the finish, not on who should be your running mate. But as you run toward that prize finish, one day you'll look over and there will be someone there running at your pace toward the same goal you are. When that happens, you can decide to finish your run with that person. You two will help each other finish strong.
"However, if you stop and look for a running mate, then you aren't running the race. You've stopped. And even then, you might make the wrong choice. The person you pick might not be running at your pace and they might even have a separate and different goal. And then you're in trouble."

Thought I'd share; it sounded like it could apply to you.

6:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home