a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Day

Usually for easter I'm up at 8 or so, getting ready to go to church, but this Easter was different. We didn't go to church, we slept in, I read and ate food, and everyone was pretty lazy. Things that were once a big deal seem to be getting less and less big, and more and more trivial. There was the Candy and card awaiting us downstairs on the Kitchen table, and the festive 2 o'clock dinner to attend at the Grandparents house, but all the childhood glamour surrounding the day has been lost. It's not a big deal though, seeing as how the holiday is supposed to be about Jesus in the first place. The church has indeed lost a lot of faith over the years, attendance for sure.
Jake and I talked more about me getting on top of things, working for what I want and not waiting for it. I want to get to it. I want to make myself workout afterschool, not necessarily with weights, just the standard; run, push-ups, sit-ups, for awhile until I get into the weights mode. I want to continue to read like I have been, I want to take the chances I might not normally do. I'd like to start branching out, as I've said. This past week I have not seen any of the Uptons, and I'm fine, and I've seen Anneliese once. Yet, I'm fine. Scott is fun to hang out with, as are other people. I'll look towards Luke and Brian more the rest of the year, Katie, Megan, and so on. If you're free, chances are I might call you soon. Ah summer will be grand. Lazy mornings are nice to have, and I'll use them, but I'd like very much to get up when the sun comes out, I've always loved sunrises. They're amazing. I'll swim. I tell you, I will do these things. And a job, I'm going to find one of those, so Tennis may be out, but alas I don't really care. Its a fun leisurely sport, and getting into it way fun, but making money is what i need to do; Germany calls, Europe Calls.
Keep tabs on me, make sure what I say I'm going to do, I do. Please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home