a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Stupid stupid cycle

I spent most of the day playing video games, more specifically, Tony Hawk Underground 2 and I came to a funny, somewhat disappointing realization; I get mad most at video games. I don't really care enough about anything else except for them it seems. I went to a Blazer game tonight and i couldn't have cared less who won, I actually was more excited about getting free food than anything. So this brings up another point Scott and I were talking about; I'm just wound differently, he gets pumped up by certain music and things, and I just kind of go with it, except it appears video games. When I can't land that special trick that will let me advance to the next level I get furious and start swearing at the console. It's pretty sad actually. I'd much rather get into a game with meaning rather than a stupid video game. For example, I played sports for years, and still do competitively, and I didn't care if I lost. When I start playing poorly I get pissed, and true that does usually lead to our defeat, I still don't care that I lost. Yet this damn video games gets me excited.
I need to change something or work something out because as I've come to realize this life is short here and I've got to make the best of it. I watched "Collateral" tonight and it kind of accented that point. I could in some ways be seen as Jaime Foxx's character where i've got these dreams and aspirations but I never move to achieve them. Most recently the girl situation for me, and just like me, his character gets a chance at a girl and kind of lets it go, doesn't put much thought into pursuing what would probably turn out to be a good thing, for whatever reason. Same here, I've got opportunities in which I could create something, yet I don't, I sit back and wait for it until its gone. I need to grow some freaking balls and get out and make it happen. Maybe I need someone to point a gun to my head to wake me up too.
This whole subject was brought up by my brother, he's been making comments on my life and stuff, giving his helpful input and it sounds good, but the fact is I still am for some reason apprehensive to do anything. I want to have a good life, to make the most of it, but I just keep sitting around waiting for something to happen instead of making it happen, and the thing is even when I realize this I still can't seem to take charge and act. I don't know what the hell needs to happen to wake up me, to make me pull my shit together, but I want it really bad. I want to be motivated, and here it is, wanting and not acting. It's a freaking vicious cycle that won't end.
It's all apparent in my weekly, even daily routine- if you can call it that. I come home sit on the computer waiting for people to come and talk to me. I hardly call people because i want them to call me. Thats freaking gay. I recognize I like my alone time but it just gets downright boring around here. I've got friends, why can't I call them. The big question is how am I supposed to fix this problem when I don't know what it is. I don't know why I'm acting like this, I know i want it to change but beyond that i have no clue what I want in life now.
A companion, I guess I want someone to be there for me, and I've got people like this, I know I do, I think I might actually want a girlfriend. All of my friends with a girlfriend/boyfriend have someone to call everynight, or see everyday, that can give them a little more than what friends can. People say they just need to realize how good their friends are, but can friends really give you the same thing?
So, question is, will I act on this?

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

You can call me David! "wink"........in a completely non-gay way heh heh...but seriously you rock!

8:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home