a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I'm ready, are you?

Okay so inspiration has hit; my brothers pictures from New Zealand. I want so badly to get away from this craphole they call Hillsboro and experience the wonders of the world. If I could take three months and be in New Zealand, learning about the culture and having an amazing time while doing so, holy crap! I'd love that. I would love personally to study in Western Europe. Talking with my brother about all the opportunities and stuff out there for me just blows my mind. I could study abroad almost every year for at least a term while I'm at college- while getting credit- and gain experience about other people and other cultures. Then, Take a year off like after Jr. year and study in Germany, or Japan, or Argentina, and become fluent and minor in that language, then finish out my major and take a year or two off doing Peace Corps, or something similar to that, then go to Graduate school with more experience than the average person. It'd be fantastic, of course this is my brothers plan, so I'm just being a little brother and wanting to mimic it, but I'd say it sounds pretty incredible.
This summer Scott and I are planning on going to Germany, and now with my brother back I'm getting tons of good knowledge about how to go about planning it. It turns out we can live way cheap, like 20 bucks a night at hostels, not to mention his connections, so we could probably go for like a month. It'd be so amazing. Imagine a month away from everyone on our own in a foreign country living it up. Drinking age is lower so of course seeing how that is. Going to clubs, breaking out of any shells that have been keeping us back. It'd be the single most fantastic thing I can think of. I've got some jobs lining up so I can start making money on weekends and saving up so that I can afford this, but hey, I'm graduating, so I'll be making some money on that. BOO YA!
I seriously need to get the heck out of this joint. I don't know if I'll be able to last the next two and a half months here at school. I don't care anymore, scores, grades, etc. will mean nothing now that I'm decided on my school- UO, not the most difficult school around. So as I've said before, there is no reason to worry about anything in my life anymore. I've really enjoyed myself here meeting all these great people and such, and now I'm just going to be in my Goodbye phase, a nearly three month long process in which i live it up as much as possible. Oh yes, I will be leaving behind the copious amounts of people I've interacted with through my life for college and while it'll be sad that I probably won't see much of them ever again, they'll move on, and I'm sure i will too. I do have this, and AIM, and email, so its not like I'm falling off the face of the earth. Ah, this is going to be a very fun and very exciting life ahead of me. I'll become something great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home