a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Part 1 of the reflection

I don't know if this is too early to be doing, I do have seven more days of school, but for the time let’s reflect on the past four years of my life.
I can't say much about freshman year, back then I was a goober, those were the days when I actually tried and cared, and before Patrick influences. It was in Mr. Meuweson's World Studies class that I met Patrick and Scott and their, mostly Patrick’s, habits rubbed off on me. His, "I don't care" attitude seemed pretty good by me, and so I stopped making school the thing. Overall in school I never really tried. I'm probably one of the worst studiers in the world, I just don't have good study habits. I read over something, don't really process it, and then call it good. Its other things that I occupy my time with, like the computer. This computer being in my room for the past few years has seriously deteriorated my school habits. All I did sophomore and junior year was IM and play around on the internet. Sure I'd get by with classes, but that’s where I'm lucky, my 3.8 whatever GPA is not earned, it's been gained without much effort at all. It's probably not exactly fair because of that, but that’s the way life is. Some people have talent, and some never will. The only thing is, I wish I had tried. I hope I will. I know if I do try, I could be absolutely great. I can't remember much from freshman year really. I remember World Studies because of Patrick and I do remember panicking the most I ever have for a final in that same class. Elizabeth Dissen was in that class, she was also in my English class, and that’s when I fake married her. So I've got that. In math I had Roofdawg and lots of older kids. My class was a few freshman, lots of sophomores, and a few older kids. Scott Richards was in that class. We used to be really good friends, but now he's at college and you can't expect much from that. I'm sure we'll still talk during summers when we come back, but it won't be like it was, being neighbors made it really easy for us to be best friends for the 9 or so years. What else can I remember of freshman year? I remember trying out for Student Council and not making it and being horribly disappointed by that. I gave the worst least creative speech ever, and I lost to Corrin. She cut her hair, and that's why people gave her the votes, I should have made it on. Things would have changed a lot earlier if I had, whereas it took me a few years to grow out of the little shell I had, that would have done it in one. I wasn't really close to upperclassmen back then, nor was I ever. It seems like things are changing quite a bit in that respect. For one I remember I'd never challenge my brother, or at least get away with it, he'd always end up overpowering me, as would all older kids so I wouldn't even challenge them anymore, but these days, the younger kids are acting as equals of the older kids, that never happened to me. I was always less than my brother and his friends, and never tried to befriend them, he had his things, and I had mine, but now lots of my friend’s siblings are common friends of my friends. I also know, and interact, with a lot of underclassmen, I never had that when I was one. The most I got was my brother and his closest friends, and that was rare. Then junior year on student council I befriended, apprehensively, most all of the seniors. That’s when I began to get out and actually make more friends outside of the close ones I had. Freshman year was also a big year for growing away from middle school friends, and closer to others. Jake Unger and I used to be really great friends, but as he went in to sports, I went in to the, well non sporty groups, not even academics just there kind of. I didn’t even have a life back then. But now I’m hungry, I'll add to this later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home