a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Sunday, May 22, 2005

The weekend after weekend-long lacuna

This is my time to reflect on the weekend and I really only have one thought, it sucked. Saturday was an awful deco day followed closely by 5 hours of yard work on one lawn. Five hours because I forgot about my grandparents lawn (and they live in Washington half of the time) for three or four weeks, meaning the grass was up to my knee. Also, due to torrential rains, the grass had been pressed towards the ground and sopping wet. This made it super hard to mow and it clumped easily. To start I didn't even have a motorized mower, just a push, and that wasn't even going to make a mark. I used a weed whacker to cut it down to a decent length and that took a couple hours. Then I broke a mower somehow during transport and it wouldn't start. So I had to locate another mower and bring it there. I did that and when I go to cutting it just pushed the grass down, got clumped (it was raining which made the grass stick to the mower) so I had to unclog it every five minutes and it'd shoot onto the grass making even more grass press towards the ground. So I had to rake the grass to get it to stand that was hard to do. After working until about 8:30 I called it a day, and considering how it looked when I came it was good. I should have taken a picture before I started, it was a site indeed.
This was Saturday. Oh yes, I watched my cousin break-dance in his recital as well as Megan Inayoshi. That was pretty good, Jeremy got his back to 6 inches off the ground when he did his Matrix thing, that was pretty rad. Megan's dances were good as well, she is quite the dancer. Megan you are quite the dancer.
Sunday comes around and it's raining again, so what do I do? Of course I head back to my grandparents and fix up their lawn even more. So I spend three more hours at their house that includes cleaning up the huge mess from everything that I made. Note that on a normal excursion to their house it takes me about an hour to mow and edge and pull weeds, that's when I go every weekend. So of course it is completely my fault for creating so much work, but what can you expect of a teenager who doesn't enjoy doing work, had prom, and who lives in a wet climate, and forgets things as quickly as you say them. Not even kidding, Scott asked me for a cookie the other day, and while I was going to get it, I had forgotten who I got it for and handed it to Jeff. So how could I possibly remember mowing a lawn every week when it’s been wet and stuff? Can't is the answer, I can't.
That’s why this weekend has sucked. I haven't done anything fun. I doubt school will be fun, its pretty much sucked last week. Its funny how quickly things turn from alright to crappy. School has made things crappy lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home