a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Today was a 6

Today wasn't very fun or exciting. Last night I fell asleep early, like 8:30 or something. I woke up at 9 and continued through a day of complete boredom. The best time of the day was when I went to Wendy's with Scott and Hannah, had some excellent food, walked my dog, then, and this is the big one, got caught in the huge showers and just walked slowly and happily through the rain. It was pretty close to the scene in Garden State, only I got put as the druggy friend.
I really don't want to be the druggy friend. I don't even want to be like the main character guy. He wasn't so great. I want to be semi-great. The simplicity deal I mentioned earlier is still here but it’s not pleasant really. It's just like, there's no point to things. Nothing truly matters, or so it seems. Life is short, so consequences are short, good or bad. Nothing can be too fulfilling. Whatever it is that happens you have to be happy. So long as you go through life happy life will be good.
Tonight I laid down on the floor and curled up with a blanket and listened to the Garden State soundtrack. I think I changed positions at least a million times but it was a nice vegetative state. I didn't think of anything in particular, I just let the music take over. I'd hear a song, and think of whatever my mind brought me to. Normally is was a scene that the song made me picture. That’s the best waste of time ever. Because it seems productive at least while you're in it. It also feels like it rejuvenates you a bit. You're in a dream state but you're awake. Your body slows down and your heart works less and you just kind of let go. It's pretty good. I've discovered the most comfortable position around though. You lay with your arms behind your head, right hand on top of left, palms towards the back of your head. Your left arm is flat against the ground and your right is up in the arm being held up by the blanket. Then your legs are fully stretched. This is the perfect skyward viewing position too. Your head looks at like a 40 degree angle towards the sky. If there wasn't a roof on the house it'd be perfect for looking at stars, or fireworks. Maybe I'll watch the fireworks this year like that. Of course, the left arm stretched to the side leaves plenty of room for a second head to lean against, at least my long arms. So being under a blanket with that and fireworks would be okay by me.
In other news. I am loving "Singing in the Rain," for Government and "Cat's Cradle" (book) for English. While today would get a 2 for sucking so hard, the rainy walk was enjoyable enough to bump it up to a 4, and then the tranquil music time added a bonus of two. So 6 it is. Today was a 6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home