a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Monday, October 24, 2005

I built you a home in my heart

My hands and feet are rough to the touch lately, and I don't quite know why. I can't see much of a change from here and home; I take showers as frequently, wash my hands as frequently, and don't participate in any hand-stressing activities. I really don't get it, maybe the soap in the bathrooms isn't as good as mine back home, or maybe the cooler weather is doing it, but really, I'm not in the cold that often, and usually my hands are one of the warmest part of my body. Then there are my feet, which just doesn't make any sense. It's even less likely to be any change from moving here, except perhaps the carpets where I walk barefoot/socked. They are hard and not nearly as nice as the soft carpets of home. Back to the hands though, I'm getting hangnails and cuts and crap too. I want to go get them all fixed and back to normal, but that'd: A. Cost money, B. Be a little weird since I'm a guy. I guess I can learn to deal, although it's not nearly as comfortable.

I've begun quite possible one of the most worthwhile projects for a music-lover to do, and that project is organizing all my music and cataloging it; artist, song, album, and album art. And so far it's going quite well; I've rid my library of all the songs that don't work, a good 2000 songs or so. And I've been working on replacing them with the copies on my iPod that actually work. I'm probably a quarter of the way done, I've still got to find the albums to some and the artwork for most all of them, but when I'm done it's going to be amazing.

I've taken up longboarding too. Despite the fact I don't own one; I’ve gone out nearly everyday on either Scott's or Ben's. They are a lot of fun, and I am seriously considering getting one. It's like I'm snowboarding but on pavement, and I have a lot more control of myself. I love it.

Overall this weekend has been a success. I relaxed quite a bit, enjoyed my moments of solitude, read for a change, and had a good time. See people, you don't need to party to enjoy yourself. Some may call me lame for staying inside most all the time, or longboarding by myself, or reading on a Saturday night, but I'll tell you, I liked it. Come to think of it, I don't I really socialized at all this weekend. I saw that movie on Friday night, that's socializing, but I kept to myself this weekend.

The book I'm reading is called, The tortilla curtain and it's a novel, so unlike the stupid Nisa, scientific journal, and all the lame textbooks, it's a good read. I really like it so far, and I'm really enjoying getting lost in it, I feel like I haven't done that in such a long time. It’s really refreshing to ball up on my bed, turn my music on quietly, and just let go of everything, join someone else’s world for a bit, see what different life is like. It’s sort of a two part story, it’s got an American family and a Mexican family’s separate stories going together throughout the whole book. I can’t remember what book it’s similar to in that regards, but it’ll stop after a section has been told about one family, and move to the other, to see how they react to the differences their lives bring them. So far the American dad is a man I’d be okay with becoming, partly. See, in the beginning he hits the Mexican dad, and has a similar reaction to one I’d have, but instead of driving him to a hospital like I would, he gives him twenty bucks and drives off. Thing is, he might have been on to something, not to say drive off if you hit someone, but the Mexican was illegal and therefore wouldn’t want to go to a hospital, they’d surely deport him. I couldn’t tell you what to do in that situation, but I’d say finding a way to check in on the guy would be a start. If I hit a guy I’d shit a brick. I’d definitely take them to a hospital, unfortunately I might just there ruin the guy. This book definitely sheds a different life onto illegal immigrants. Anyways, I like it, and would recommend it thus far. I got this from it, I like it a lot, "¿Adónde vas mi vida?" It means where are you going my life, but in the context I guess it meant, love. Anywho, I changed it, to "¿Adónde vas mi amor?" and now it's an away message of mine. I like it a lot.

I'm watching the visual effects on iTunes while I'm listening to "Plans," and let me tell you; it's amazing. It's impressive. Ooh! This now is cool; it's making a flower sort of pattern. Good work Apple and the creators of the visual effects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home