a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Monday, October 03, 2005

I talk like a 4th grader

I've been doing the whole college seen for a week and a half, almost two and it's been pretty good. I've been attempting to meet people, that's been pretty neat. It's only hit the meeting stage though, no friendships have been made as of yet. Well, maybe Andrew, yes Andrew is a friend. People in the Hall are pretty cool. I'll be playing on a flag football team as well as an indoor soccer team soon, so that'll be exciting.

The food isn't half bad so I'm not complaining as far as that goes. I've figured out how often to eat and it turns out I have plenty of points to last me the entire week. In fact, I had something like 15 left over this week so I bought some cereal and starburst. I know I ought to be sitting down with new people as well, to get to know other people, but it's easier to sit by people I know, so I'll probably still be doing that.

Classes are pretty okay too. This fencing deal is rad. My physics class is far too easy, it's at a middle schoolers pace. Intro to Architecture is making me exciting to design but this paper that's due Friday is hard. Art history is teaching me a lot; I remember things from it for a change. I don't know what Anthropology is like yet. And that is my schedule. Not too difficult and so far not too much homework.

So that's basically the information part. I'm feeling pretty good about it here; the weather has been killing the good mood though. For the past three or four days it's been raining a lot, and cold. It poured a few times, and when you're walking around you can't help but think to be home in your warm house with the people you know.

Music has been a big deal for me here. It's what I use to escape, or changes my feelings on certain things. At night I've been listening to Coldplay and Death Cab and such, and it makes me think of all the things I associate them with. Garden State too. I feel so lazy and boring. I think pretty much all I've been doing is either chilling in my room on the computer or playing Halo against other kids in the Hall. That can be lots of fun but I feel I could be more productive, or at least should be more productive. I haven't quite grasped my homework load yet, or at least I don't feel like I have. I think I probably have a lot more and should be doing it most of the time instead of this other crap I'm doing.

I'm happy. Well, I'm not unhappy. It's fun here, things are fresh and new, and I worked out this morning. I ran for half an hour at a fast pace. If I do that, get on top of homework, and make new friends I'll be set. And get more warm clothes. I'm cold. I've been cold. Bad move. Bad move. I'm going to get warm. I'm feeling boring, I haven’t even thought about much lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home