a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Handsome Dave

I don't like Nicknames, except for maybe a handful, like P-Willy, and Handsome Rob, bit other than that, I don't really care for them. Especially self-pronounced names, those are the worst.

Life has been exceptionally great as of late though. I can't really complain, unless you call saying I dislike some nicknames complaining. I've been around, to Eugene and Seattle in the past few weeks, I'm going to Germany in two days, I've hung out with a few friends and have had a good time.

Eugene was a lot of fun, it made me start to feel more comfortable with the decision I've made as far as going to college there. Before, and now really, I didn't know why I chose it, but at least now I'm feeling more confident that it will turn out well and life will be good. Good company. I watched Requiem for a dream down there, and it must have been the mood I was in, maybe extremely exhausted, but I liked it.

Seattle was a blast, went to wild waves the first day and rode basically every ride they had. They had this killer waterslide that was seriously something like a 90.001° drop, as close as they could get without making you fall; it was amazing. Then Thursday night I went camping on Columbia river, very close to the gorge. Thursday night was a good time; I caught the beginning of the meteor shower. But Friday morning I woke up nauseas and threw up several times. After eating and drinking water I felt a bit better, but it lasted most all of the day. Other than that couldn't complain much there.

Came home, spent the better part of the past week at the Uptons. They got a new puppy, that’s neat. They are some good people them Uptons.

Last night I went and golfed with my brother Josh, completing the seeing the entire family before I leave for Germany deal. The golf was fun, we didn't even count our score or try for that matter, I was talking through it all, even my swing. It was really nice to see him again, and I also saw a family of deer, a beaver, ducks, and squirrels on the course. McMinnville is a pretty nice little place; at least there golf club there.

I went Frisbee golfing with Scott, Matt, and Hannah today and that was really fun too. It was nice outside and the company was great. Then tonight was a visit to the Bertelsons after dinner with the Padre and Italian Job; it was a good movie, I'd suggest you see it.

Have you seen the moon this past week?! It's been amazing, I absolutely love it. Life is good, it's going really well, and I'm liking that fact. No more sulking about lost loves or worrying about life in general, just taking it as it comes. Going to get on a plane, well, tomorrow afternoon and leave for entirely different country for a few weeks, how fortunate is that. Yep 36 more hours, and some change, and DAVID ZAVERTNIK and SCOTT HETER will be leaving for the PDX airport for their 4:40 flight to Vancouver, Canada, where we will have a 2 hour layover until our flight to London, which will then give us another hour forty minutes of layover time until we head off for Munich and arrive there the next day. Then we have three and half wonderful weeks in Germany until we head back.

I'll check my email every once and a while to check in on the family, but other than that I'll pretty much be out of touch with everyone. I'll be taking tons of photos, and eventually I may post them, but who knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home