a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Saturday, December 17, 2005

I could have been tripping on LSD and come to the same conclusion

I haven't written anything in quite some time and there is really no good reason as to why I haven't. I can't say I've been busy, because for the past week and a half I've been home with absolutely nothing to do.

Yes, I arrived home last Wednesday after a short day of finals and came home to empty. My dad was at work, my mom was visiting her parents, and my sister was at school. This trend continued all week, and then into this week that just now ended. So what have I been doing home alone all week and a half? I'll tell you: not a single thing. Sleeping in mostly until late morning to nearly afternoon. Watching television. Or reading. What a waste of perfectly good time. Alas, I've been relaxing, not that I have much to relax from. School wasn't stressful or terribly difficult so there is no real point to relax. The main idea is I've been doing what I have wanted to. I've run errands for my family when I pleased, as well as taken non-family members places as well. I've watched several movies, and actually I've already read an entire book. I did that after four days really. "Deception Point," was the book's title.

Now for something interesting I experienced last night:

So laying there, listening to the fuzzy synthesizer beats of Postal Services, "District Sleeps Alone Tonight," I glanced with my eyes half shut at the street pole outside my window. In doing so I experienced something oddly unique. It's not to say this action has never happened before, but I think this was the first time I noticed with such detail. Whenever you see a bright light, be it a street light, or headlights and you squint, the light spreads across your view towards invisible points. This was no different, when I squinted my left eye while keeping my right eye closed for a more focused view I witnessed what I believe was the human equivalent of apple's iTunes Visualizer. Based upon how open my eye was, the view would change. When my eye was nearly shut, all I saw was a minute little golden snowflake of light, and like a snowflake it was completely and precisely hexagonal. As I began to slowly open my eye the shape multiplied on itself and its individual parts became bigger. This was when the magic began, each piece was made of tiny golden dancers connecting at the feet, or the hands, or some at the head. It was unreal; absolutely enthralling. When have you ever seen golden figures no bigger than a millimeter, dancing in front of your eye? And it was like they knew I was watching, and would smile, and knew what I wanted from them, continuous motion. But unless I varied the amount my eye was open they would all freeze together, in the snowflake form, and become blurred so I couldn't distinguish their features. I could have kept going with it for hours had my eyes not become fatigued. Absolutely bizarre eh?

This following week shows much promise for me. Nearly all of my compadres will be home, and as it turns out, quite a few already were, so I’ll start doing more things. Not to mention Christmas is near and I’ll be busy with family and all that jazz. I love Christmas time so much, you have no idea. I dance all the time to the music, it’s no joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home