a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Monday, November 14, 2005

loads of fun

This weekend was even more fantastic than I'd imagined it to be. I got home on Thursday evening and spent most of the night with my family and cousin. My cousin is awesome, let me tell you; neatest, coolest, little nine year old I know. So that was good.

I woke up the next day much earlier than I would have had I been at school, all for the purpose of making pancakes for people. I got up, picked Becky up, and then we went to my house and made pancakes for my sister and cousin. They were pretty good too, not that it's hard to make, but I made them with shapes. Little bitty-ones, race cars, J's, S's, and other odd shapes. It's a lot more difficult than I'd anticipated, I thought I could shape it really well, just pour a bit onto the pan and make a shape, but that stuff is runny, and clumpy, and you can't work it like chocolate syrup, as one might assume. I'm good with Chocolate syrup; I draw all sorts of cool stuff on my Peanut Butter Sandwiches with it. But breakfast was really good, and then we watched Sesame Street and learned sign language, or partly. They had cookie monster on, and I heard he didn't eat cookies anymore, and that they substituted his poor eating habits with good ones, but he still talked about cookies. "C is for cookies," so maybe it was an older episode.

Then I went over to my grandparent’s house and had a Tuna melt with my mom, and we chatted until her appointment, and I left.

Then I got a haircut, and now it's much shorter than it was, nearly back to when I had shaved it down considerably, except the top is a bit longer. It looks alright, far different, and it sort of makes me think of a military cut, and I'm not especially fond of those, but whatever, everyone says it's okay, so it's okay.

It was a few activities later that we left to the Broken Social Scene concert in Portland. We actually ended up leaving around 6 I believe, or possibly a bit later, to be honest most of this weekend blended together, time was not really an issue, the experiences were what I wanted to remember anyways. But either way, we got into Portland and couldn't find the Paris Theater, where Tom Bradley, Cameron Dewhitt, and some other kids band Broken Glory was playing. We decided we'd eat first, then figure it out, so after navigating our way through the streets of Portland we landed on 23rd street, but had no idea where the Mexican restaurant Natalie and Alysse recommended was. As it turns out, we got onto 23rd and not more than three seconds later we saw it on our left, and found a parking lot opposite of it, wherein a front row space was available. If you ask me it was absolutely perfect, we couldn't have asked for a better play of events. So after eating in this nice little Mexican restaurant that continually reminded me of my trip to Playa del Carmen, and made me want to be there on the beach with her, we took off in search of Paris Theater. Now on this excursion, instead of following the directions printed for us, we used the final destination and street numbers for our route. We ended up getting there quite easily and found a parking lot opposite of the theater. Paris Theater is this little theater with a giant stage about three or four feet up, but only maybe 400 square feet. It was really small, and hardly anyone was in it, maybe like 35 people, but hey it was cool. Unfortunately they didn’t play until 10:30 so we didn’t get to see them, by then we had left for Broken Social Scene, actually we left for that just a bit after 9’oclock. The Roseland Theater is about three blocks down from the Paris, and that was convenient yet again. The Roseland was really nice, I liked it a lot. They had a little balcony with seating, but that was for the 21-and-over people who wanted to pay to sit there. If I were able to I would’ve it was a good spot, and then maybe Becky would be able to see clearly. Poor Becky, everyone crowded in front of us, and were mostly taller, so she had a hard time seeing, mostly having to look through windows made by people’s shoulders. I on the other hand was able to see, and it was amazing! I had such a good time, I absolutely loved it. Fiest opened for them, and she has such a good voice, it makes me sad that she isn’t in Broken Social Scene anymore. It was rad, way way rad. That bad boy lasted for three plus hours, and I didn’t get home until 1-ish, and soon after that fell asleep, actually it was like three seconds after I put my head on my pillow.

That night I slept in a considerable amount more, until 11:30 I believe, and went to visit my mom at my grandparent’s house in Orenco. We had tuna melts and chatted for a bit about life until her appointment. It was pretty interesting, it felt like one of those growing up experiences, where you go and have a normal conversation with adults, talk about stuff, and then go on your way.

Then it was over to the B-dizzle's hizouse and we folded clothes. Oh, I am good at folding clothes for those of you who didn't know. I don't know when the change occurred but I have begun to somewhat enjoy folding clothes, not like I'll actively pursue doing it, but it definitely no longer bothers me. At least folding shirts, I like the preciseness of it, I fold the right side up towards the center, up to just shy of the collar, and then do the same with the left, and then from there I fold into thirds from the bottom until I get a small little package of shirt. It's like someone used a cardboard sheet to do it too, it's always flat and compact. That is far too much about folding and now I feel dumb, so on to the rest of the evening...well folding was fun, the warm clothes, the company, it made it a good time, and I like having good times. Being comfortable is amazing, and one of my favorite things in the world, probably priority numero uno. Then after having a nice little salmon patty and fruit and green beans we headed over to Corn town to watch, “Zathura,” which was really good. I liked it a lot.

And now I’m tired of talking about the events of the weekend. Sunday was marvelous, B and I made French toast and hung out most all of the day. It was fantastic. This whole past weekend was great, and I can’t really say exactly what it is, but it just felt good, being home with people I care about and all.

I will also be coming home this weekend for Paulina’s play, and that is good news because I’ll also get to see Anneliese, and Becky of course, so pretty much a great deal. The only deal is I’ll be missing the civil war, but in all actuality I could care less about football. Some might say I’m not having the college experience by going home so often, but whatever, I am, and a good experience at that. I’m happy.

I realize this was probably quite boring to read, mostly descriptions of events rather than emotions and thoughts and feelings and such, but to be honest I can't quite describe the feelings. Bliss, Serenity, Ideal, Fantastic, and so on, it was great.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you just broke my heart by saying that they replaced Cookie Monster's bad eating habits with good ones. Well, I guess it wasn't you that broke my heart, rather the show. Either way that was a very wrong thing for them to do. And it was nice to see you tonight. I never see you or Scott.
-Danielle

8:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home