a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Friday, November 04, 2005

There is no central theme

It's been a week, and while the time feels as though it flew by, there is also a feeling of time not moving fast enough.

This week hasn't been especially fantastic, and I can really only blame myself for that one. I took a little check on my progress as a college student and came to some disheartening conclusions:
-I'm a C student now. In High School I could not try and get by with A's and B's, but now I'm going to have to actually work to get those grades, like I should I suppose. This isn't a valid complaint, more just of a realization. Something I ought to strive for.
-I have no direction in life at this moment. It's hard to figure out what you want to do, and right now all I can think of as far as future is going home next weekend for an amazing concert. Other than that I can't really figure anything else out. I don't like my classes, so I don't want to go into something involving them. I shouldn't say that, I don't like anthropology, I find the ideas behind Art History interesting but I don't like having to memorize crap, Physics is weird and doesn't make much sense because you have to think about hundreds of things, but Architecture is good. Oh Fencing is boring, I've decided I’ll never need the skills and therefore it's a waste of time, I don't like violence. I do understand protection, and it being a good thing to know how to handle yourself if you're thrown in a bad situation, but fencing won't do anything for me, maybe I'll do Jujutsu, that'd be handy.

Through the "cloudy," that’s what I'll call it now, time of not feeling adequate, or anything I began to get upset with myself. That is really what ruined this week, but now the "clouds" have broken and it's making sense again. They just lifted, and everything is clearer; that is pretty neat.

New Topic: There are a lot of weird things that have to do with the human body. Think about every bodily excretion; sweat, spit, bathroom stuff, etc. It's all gross. I would challenge you to find me one bodily excretion that is attractive. I wish you didn't have to do any of them for survival. Then there is the habit of eating. Eating can't ever be elegant, or done gracefully. How can it be when you're stuffing things into your mouth. Sure you can nibble, and cover your mouth and such, but that’s still a little weird. Don't get me wrong, I love eating, or rather tasting and digesting food. I also have the occasional need for chewing, but still weird thing. Walking is pretty freakish, some people have a nice walk which is alright to look at, but others have weird ones, but it's very necessary. Kissing is interesting, think about it, we've labeled it as a way of showing affection. What if it wasn't chosen, what if shaking hands was like kissing. I guess certain things need to come into consideration, like sexual feelings involved with kissing vs. shaking hands; I'd assume most people don't get excited about shaking hands. But is that because of our biological setup, or because we've decided it's a big deal? I'm sure some scientists have facts about it and it has something to do with chemicals. But just go with it for a second, what are the levels of affection: hugging (squeezing someone), kissing (depending on the level, peck- touching faces, making out- eating someone’s face), then sex (playing puzzle). Its weird stuff, but you can't discount the fact it's nice. Hugging someone is far more satisfying than shaking their hands, and kissing is far more satisfying than hugging, and so on. And the more you go up the weirder it is. But, maybe it's not weird and I just spend way too much time thinking about stupid things. So those are weird bodily things.

As strange as I think the body is, I have to say, it's pretty incredible. We're machines, doing all these things simultaneously at incredible speeds. I like eyes a lot; they're pretty neat, and they look nice. Actually faces in general. It's crazy how little changes in features change a person completely. Look at teeth for example. Someone who has good teeth is far more attractive than someone with poor or missing teeth. Personally. This is all based upon personal belief, I doubt everyone agrees. Then noses; they have to be the right proportion, or compliment the overall face, or it doesn't look right. Ears are cute. Eyebrows matter. Everything matters, in the long run. The great thing is everyone looks for something different. Someone I don't find attractive for whatever reason can be the most beautiful person to another, and vice versa. There are actually a lot of "hot" girls I don't find attractive at all. I shouldn't say that, it's more they're not in any way desirable.

Candles are pretty wonderful things. I love my colonial at home scented candles. "Pear" and "Cranberry Apple Tea" are two very solid scents. It's undeniable that having them lit for as little as hour makes my room smell infinitely better than the rest of the hall. Everyone says it, they walk in, "wow your room smells great," it's all the candles. Plus they're nice to look at when the lights are down.

There are so many ideal settings to be placed in. Like this, how about instead of being here in my dorm room, at my tiny little desk, I'm in Paris, it's late and a soft breeze blows leaves off of the trees in the little park I stroll through, hand in hand with my significant other. Seeing as how it's a bit chilly we have our coats buttoned up tight. We walk a bit further and end up at the Eiffel Tower and go to the top and outlook all of Paris. You can see the entire city lit by the moonlight. How about that instead eh? It'd be better than where I am now. There’d be accordion music going as well. Have you seen “De-Lovely?” Because it’d be like that.

Earlier tonight I saw the end of a show called "Nip Tuck." I don't know what the story line is or anything, but at the end this man walks into his bedroom, and his girlfriend is in it asleep. He walks up to her, sits by her and smiles. She opens her eyes and he says, "Marry Me." She says that they've already talked about this, but he said he knows but sometimes people have to do whatever to make them feel whole; I assume he didn't want to get married before. Anyways, she says yes, then "Lover's Spit," by Broken Social Scene starts playing, and it was probably one of the best songs they could have played in that situation. The main part of the story is that song, because I'm going to go see them next friday, and that's going to be amazing, but I didn't know they were that mainstream to be on a big tv show. Either way, it was a good scene and a good song, good job creators of "Nip Tuck."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home