a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

News

This post won't be extremely long nor will it be enthralling, but it will be informative. After thinking about my future and attending my first Studio for Architecture I came to a realization, I really don't think I want to pursue it, either as a major or as a career. I sat for fifty minutes listening to the histories of the eight professors teaching the studios and just thought, "You know, I don't think I want to be like that." I don't know if I am that interested in the material and in designing housing and industrial complexes. The commitment level for this major is incredible, you are required to be in the studio twelve hours a week and asked to spend as much time as possible there. Meaning you will spend most all available time in it, which is fine, if you love it, but I just wasn't feeling it. I don't know if it means I gave up too easy or was scared out of it, but I really feel I'm doing the right thing. I'm figuring out what I want to do with my life by expanding my opportunities (another deal with ARCH is lack of availability for other classes, you eventually get stuck, and it's already happening, now, after dropping it I've gotten into three classes I am interested in and work towards significant non-major credits).

So my classes:

Economics 101- Contemporary Economic Issues
Speed and Agility
Physics 202- General Physics
Music- Guitar Theory
Anthropology- Evolution of Human Sexuality

So there it is, David the recently Major-Undecided student is feeling around and checking out his options. This will be a good term.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home