a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Saturday, February 05, 2005

And the Gods opened the skies and said, "LET THERE BE ROCK!!" and so there was...

Tonight was battle of the bands. I got there at 1 and we did our soundcheck. I don't like how it was run. Jeff Bond, good man, I like him, but it sucked. Everyone got like a minute to do their soundcheck. Not time to play through there song much, and everyone but two were done by like 3ish. Then "Hope all is well" and "Rock Orchestra" played for an hour and a half. So they got to practice and have everything work out, while the rest of sat there. I like there music and all but that was crap. Everyone should have been able to play their first song and make sure its all swell.
Then came the moment to play. We, "Filibuster" went first. I thought we did alright, luckily I didn't mess it up like I pictured myself doing. But we got schooled by bands like "Royale" and those two I mentioned before. So we didn't make it to the second round, but hey, neither did 9 other bands. So it happens. The bands who did advance were plenty worthy, they did great, its just too bad we didn't get to do "where is my mind." I would have loved to, thats the best song ever. Hope all is well won. Then Royale, then Rock Orchestra. Bravo kids.
I now have a headache, but all will be okay. I talked to Ryan Kautz at the battle, and it was cool. He said he wanted me to stay here for a while and not go to college. That made me feel pretty good, I don't know if he was serious, but I'll pretend he was. I also liked being able to get up in front of a full auditorium and be comfortable doing odd stuff. Thats also a good feeling. So if having cool friends. Ones who like to hug you and such. Those types are cool, so all of you who do that, I pat you on the back, and those who don't, you're still awesome but feel free to hug away. I'm good at those.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home