a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Look at the stars...

Today was pretty good. Megan and I went to Portland at 3 and didn't get back until about 11:30, and that was neat.
We first went to the galleries. I liked the first ones we saw the most, the ones we saw later on just didn't seem to be as neat, personally. For example, we went to this really strange one that was mostly photographs, and it was so weird. It was one of those where people take pictures of what they think is neat, but mostly its not. Like they had tons of naked people photographs, and not like artsy naked, unattractive not neat naked- definitely not cool. And they had some disturbing photos, of the over 100 pictures, there were maybe 5 we found that we really liked. The other galleries we went to we liked though. There was an artist Mona Cordell, that I liked a lot. It was mixed media stuff, paint and pencil mostly. She drew a lot of dancers, and in one, she adds an Elephant in with pencil, and more paint, and you'd have to see it, but its really neat.
Before dinner we walked around a for a bit, just checking out the pearl district area, seeing cool places and what-not. It was during this time I showed my excellent ability of being a good date and ran across the street leaving Megan behind as a car approached. Oh yes, I am good. Then we went to the Blue Hour for dinner. It was a neat little place and I enjoyed it there, plus the food was pretty good. We had found a little gelato place on our pre-dinner walk, so we went there after dinner and that was very tasty. I've been exceptional with my Lent sacrifices this year, simply amazing. Anywho, then we walked back, and drove home.
We decided it was early and we didn't need to be back so we drove around looking for things to do. Upon coming up empty handed, we went to Mountaindale and looked at the stars. Wow are they amazing. You could see so many it was incredible, and unfortunately I didn't pay attention in astronomy so I had forgotten most of the constellations. But whatever, it was alright, we sat on my car and listened to CD's and talked and star-gazed. It was good.
I enjoyed myself and it was neat because it didn't feel like a date. While I don't know what a date feels like, it was more like two friends went out and had a good time. Super cool. But I'm also not fantastic at reading other people's thoughts, so who knows how it went on the opposite side of things.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm glad you two had such a good time! This could lead to more good things....

1:59 AM

 
Blogger Justin said...

Way to go dude. Downtown, stargazing, you sweetie you. I'm am amazed at your coolness capabilities.

2:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home