a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

As the tiny bubbles float up....

Lava Lamps are quite the deal. You can watch them for hours, waiting for each blob to either fall or rise and push the ends away and create new ones. Continuous floating that is colorful and bright. Way cool, these lava lamps.

Today I showed around the soon to be Freshman and pretty much was the coolest person in the world. I took them on a quick tour of the school, told them whats what, and when they started goofing off, I put them in their place. Boo ya! I'm a senior, so I'm aloud to talk down to them. Like say, "Why are you walking so slow? Speed it up. actually, come to the front, that way, you are the one to set the pace. Maybe then you'll pay attention to what I'm saying." and when kids would talk to other kids, I'd say, "Oh sorry! What are you doing talking to my group? I think you ought to get back to yours and not talk while I am." It's times like these when I can be a jerk and not feel bad, because I won't be there, and I don't care what a stupid little kid thinks. I'm off to college sucka's, Fo'get you and yo' Glencoe High School.
I floated through the rest of the day. Anneliese is going to Amherst. That's pretty cool, she's going to be a wicked smart professor in ten years and I'll be a bum living off a crap salary. I'll see her and reminisce in the old days when we used to be friends. She'll say, "yeah, those were pretty good times, too bad you were a stupid kid and didn't apply yourself so you couldn't end up like me. Oh well, you'll live, but say, you ought to come to my wedding with Jeff; You remember jeff?" I'll say I sure do, but I thought i said we were going to get married. "No silly, remember? I said I was marrying Jeff." "oh yeah," I'll say. "Besides, why on earth wouldn't I marry him. Did you know he's a successful composer now? He's written hundreds of pieces." And then I go jump off a cliff, because I've become such a failure.

I ought to write plays. Taylor Johnson is doing this one-act about a kid who writes plays. I come up with wild ideas, I should make them into a play. Like just now, the thing I wrote, while exaggerated, could work. I could tone it down and make it more believable and bam! I'm an award winning playwrite! It'd be amazing I tell you. See right here, all of these fabricated stories, heap 'em together and you've got gold. I'm a romantic guy, I'll write romantic plays. Or movies! then I'd be in the money...

I took an hour to myself tonight, and by that I mean I shut myself away from my family and all distractions except music. Then I sat there, cleaned my room and thought about nothing in particular and cleared my head. It's really nice not thinking about anything, then we have this lava lamp. It's still going and it was then too. Along with Mozart and Damien Rice I just sort of tuned out the world and did nothing for an hour. It was refreshing I'll tell you.

Also: The sun is here! It's supposed to be all week and that idea is one of pure joy. I'm ready for the summer to arrive and time to be of no importance. Maybe I'll start that running now that its nice. I've got to follow suit of Jeff and Becky. How can they both work out and I not? It's not going to happen. I'm doing it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

David - this entry inspired me to go into my room and turn my lava lamp on. I haven't read the rest of the entry yet but i'm sure it will be just as earth shattering!

P.S. I'm not being sarcastic I just thought the whole lava lamp deal was a funny way to start and I actually did turn mine on.

5:30 PM

 
Blogger Hannah said...

hey david, i do the exact same thing as you...i shut out everything, the world except for music every once and a while and just let go,and sketch, and just forget about everything..i must say it does me good, or at least i hope so. you have many talents, and i admire what you do in advanced art, and as cliche as it sounds, you are going to be something in the future, because you already are something, a somebody! and hey, i cant wait for the new coldplay cd to come out, june 6th! yea baby!

8:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home