a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Sunday, April 10, 2005

I'll go forward, you go backwards

Pepperidge Farm makes excellent baked goods. Not only are their cookies delicious but they make the tiny addicting Goldfish of which I am now consuming to the soft beats of Jack Johnson. One of these days I'm going to have time to run as hard as I can for as long as I can without becoming physically exhausted, and I will do it. I'm just afraid its only going to be like five or six miles. I've just eaten like 5 giant heaping handfuls of Goldfish. I tend to do that with things in bulk. The other day I was given a huge handful of skittles from a giant back and I ate them all at once, and then want more. There goes another face stuffer.

Today I spent the better part of two and a half hours of my afternoon doing yardwork, and it felt good. I had to use an old school push mower since my brother took the van and now I can't transport the big mower all the way to Orenco. I ended up going over the lawn with that push mower at least 10 times, and by the end it looks really good. I raked up all the excess grass from it, pulled everyweed I could find, trimmed the edges of the grass, swept the pathway, raked the tanbark and made it look all good, and neatened up the entrance. Radiohead was playing in my ears while I worked away making my grandparents lawn pristine. Then I went inside and made sure everything was in order. I better get paid bank, like a hundred million dollars or something. I only wish I could get motivated enough to want to do that every time.

I think I've got the skills to be a natural man of action. I'm plenty willing to head a group of people to accomplish something. At the same time I can see myself as going with the flow. Now the box is halfway done, poor old Goldfish. So question is, which is going to flourish more in life. Will I take charge, or go with the flow. I'd like a mix of the two. The ability to go with the flow but the decisiveness of a leader. I'm going to be actively involved in things as I grow. I'd like to play intramural sports at UO, like tennis and soccer. I want to run as well, and what better place? Running Capital of the world right? If thats not reason enough to go running, I don't know what I'll do. Scott and I will be down there together so we can work out together and become awesome lifelong buddies.

I don't know about the friends I thought I'd stay close with, namely Anneliese and Jeff. I don't know anymore, its not out of the question to stop talking to them. Maybe that was a factor in my mood the other night. When I was talking to her maybe I realized it and it sort of sucked. But she'll be going to Stanford and he'll be going to Whitman and I'm not in any of those plans. What I'll do is I'll get good at guitar and using Radiohead as my influence, I'll make amazing music and love my life that way. I'm going to learn some of their songs by Variety show, and seeing as how no one can sing like Thom, maybe I won't play any, and instead play something else. Tomorrow promises some good events, if I can pull them off. Window Markers be my friend.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Lovely said...

hmm...i agree about leaving friends. I guess i just have a negative outlook, so i assume after this year, i will lose contact with all of my friends. I guess we have to realize our friendships will change, i am just hoping they will still exist. That is all i can really wish for...



oh, goldfish are awesome.

7:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home