a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Friday, April 01, 2005

Let the music seep in

Today was my Job shadow and I had to wake up at 5 to meet Mr. Riordan at the Orinoco max station at 5:45. It was an enjoyable day, Mr. Riordan is quite the man, very cool. His job is much like the stuff we do in my drafting class except more large projects and they only deal with brightly trucks. He mostly deals with drawings in the drivers manuals and such, and instructional pictures. We took a tour of the factory with all the union workers, and man, I wouldn't ever want to do that. I'll assume they are the 45% of glen's seniors who won't be doing anything next year and will end up having to find work to pay bills. A group of them paints the chassis, that is all their job is, sit their for who knows how long, most likely at least 8 hours, spray painting chassis after chassis. How can you do that?! No creativity involved, nothing interesting, its all the same, everyday. GOOD LORD! Even Mr. Reardon's job and his colleague's, I think I'd go crazy not being able to be unique with some aspect, put my own thing into it. But, thinking about it, most every job is like that, you've got a set of things you do and that's about it. Some people have looser restrictions than others, but its pretty much, the only original deal is Art, fine Arts art, like Music and painting/drawing and the like, and writing. So who knows what I'll be doing. Architecture has restrictions, I don't know if I'll want to get stuck into them, the worst thing I can think of is being in a rut. That'd suck, its like freaking lifeless living. It's refreshing to see people who love their jobs though, it gives hope to an unsteady person.
Then I had to ride the max back home and I listened to Radiohead the whole way. I had to catch the blue train connection from the new yellow line, but I missed the connection because I was talking to katie, and so I ended up walking through Portland to get to the max, but before I did, I just wandered for about 20 minutes. It was so awesome, i don't go there enough, its an amazing place and Radiohead set the mood. I just cruised through the streets admiring the city, thinking of how at home I'd be there alone. I am getting into this on my own deal, no one around when I don't want them. And music is just fantastic. I love how it affects me, almost like a drug. And goodness kids, Radiohead is just amazing to me, I've said this several times with other bands, but I can actually see these ones getting me by later in college and stuff. It'll be like Radiohead, Garden State, Mars Volta, and Damien Rice, and when I'm feeling the beat U.S.E. That's all I need these days. They get me by for everymood I'm in.
When I got home I ran a few errands then went to Anneliese's tennis match. While I was there a girl came up to Aubrey asking if she wanted a cupcake, she said no thanks, and I offered to take it. She gave it to me and then told Aubrey to come talk, I didn't take any notice to this and stared into my cupcake looking at its sweet chocolateyness and frosted goodness- and it even had a strawberry on top! So I take a bite and it tastes funny, I don't think much of it other than she's not a good cook and look at it. It's got a jam looking filling so I think, hmm that must be it, meh. So I look and see other girls throwing there's away and spitting it out. It's rigged. I ask what's in it and Aubrey tells me Ketchup. So what do I do? Surely not throw it away, no I teach that girl a lesson, that I am better than that and can handle any prank and enjoy it. So I tell Evan and Aubrey I'm going to eat it anyways, and then stuff it all in my mouth and devour it. My stomach made the contractions like that of throwing up, but I took a breath and dealt with it. Then I looked at the girl and smiled, saying, "thanks for the cupcake, it was delicious." She looked at me in amazement, my job was done. So I left for dinner, and as it turned out Anneliese lost.
Then came the musical, and this year it was so strange for me. It didn't hit me that it was that big of a deal. There were so many familiar faces that it just seemed like something they were playing around with. Like someone said, lets do a musical, and they're like aight, and did it, but didn't make it a huge production. Or so it seemed to me, and this in no way belittle's their skill. Those kids up there are good at what they do, damn good. They sang and danced magnificently. I don't know what it was that gave me the feeling I had, maybe its so early it doesn't seem to fit. But at anyrate, it was strange this year. I'll tell you though, you could tell the girls on dance team, they all had strong strong legs, in an attractive way. The girl who stood out to me, of whom made me come to this realization was Allison Bertelson, so Allison, this is my way of saying you are very pretty and have very nice legs. As did most all of the girls for that matter, some were awfully skinny, but dance team members, you have powerful nice legs. Then end of that. And after the performance I felt strange congratulating everyone. Its like, everyone comes up to you and says, "hey good job, you were awesome" and then its, "hey thanks! we appreciate you coming" "yeah no problem, alright, off to the next person." Like an assembly line, it'd more efficient for me to stand on something and say goodwork. I wanted to say my congrats to some kiddos for doing an amazing job. J.P was the man tonight, he did really well and I think his character was the coolest. Becky came up to me and said thanks for coming and i offered my hand and she gave me a big sturdy hug. You know for all this junk, that hug came to much welcome, and she did it again later. I love myself a strong hug, a long one, that gives you something. Weak hugs are like weak handshakes to me, no one wants one, but you can't overdue it and squeeze someone to death.
So girls? Whats going on with that? I honestly don't know, Megan is a really neat girl but lately I've been feeling like having time to myself, not because of her at all, everyone for me. I just want to disconnect. I'm not depressed, despite the title of this song coming up, and so don't think it!

Thanks Radiohead-
How to Disappear completely

That there
That’s not me
I go
Where I please
I walk through walls
I float down the liffey
I’m not here
This isn’t happening
I’m not here
I’m not here

In a little while
I’ll be gone
The moment’s already passed
Yeah it’s gone
And I’m not here
This isn’t happening
I’m not here
I’m not here

Strobe lights and blown speakers
Fireworks and hurricanes
I’m not here
This isn’t happening
I’m not here
I’m not here

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you say you want a girlfriend but you want to be alone?

9:40 AM

 
Blogger Z said...

I don't even know these days...

10:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home