a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Monday, April 25, 2005

Is it true?

My grandma gave me this piece of paper with all these statements saying that Iraq is a holy land that is mentioned 2nd most in the bible only under a different name. Then they give this reference from the book of Koran Chapter 9 verse 11(9:11) that says, "For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair, still more rejoiced for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace." So it says the Eagle is a common symbol of America. Drawing the connections? I'm not sure if this is just a bunch of BS or not. It seems too much of a coincidence not to be true, but of course is this just propaganda for THE MAN? I can't translate the Koran, so how should I know if it’s true. Thing is I never will. I'd hate to believe that someone would make this shit up.

Oh Shit! I just looked it up! That’s not at all what it says in the Koran, I have the link here, http://etext.virginia.edu/koran.html and in Chapter 9, verse eleven it actually says, "But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and we make the communications clear for a people who know."
In fact, the word eagle never comes up in the entire Koran. Now the question is who the hell made this up. I just completely ruined it for all "believers" so is it worth telling my grandparents and having them forward it, or should I let them go on believing it's true? Well it looks like she ought to know, and that’s why I just told her. This angers me, I think I'm going to write the lead guy, and I just did. I hate forwards and this just furthers my hate.

I think this is big; I never bothered to check up on this stuff before tonight. Now I am going to have to, I'd hate to think this forward will continue even with my new knowledge, and people will believe it. Jim Thomas had better learn his freaking lesson and never do that again.

Today I spent most of my time working with my sister on her election speech and posters. I have made three pimp posters for her, or least drew some pictures for them, and we've come up with a sweet idea. She is going to win President and if she doesn't someone is going to get hit...with my car.

So shall we pass on the whole school deal? I'm honestly not learning anything. My teachers are trying to teach me, they say I need to do that on my own. Then what are they for? Guides? Well that’s not good enough. Instead of giving me busy work that I do just to get done instead of learn how about make me think and actually learn? Stupid school systems. I'm not learning, CIM IS CRAP so is all other standard testing. I hate school, High School at least, College is going to be so much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home