a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Monday, April 25, 2005

Nope

I only got five hours of sleep last night thanks to my talking to Rachel Patrick. I thought I'd be dead in the morning, but as it turns out I was a-okay. I went through school alright, I am pretty sure I'll be getting the best score as of yet in English for my amazing essay. I even dragged in a parallel story for that biatch! 8, I'm predicting it right now, 8.

After school I went to what I thought would be tennis practice but turned out not to be so much. Apparently the coach didn't come and said we could practice if we wanted to? What the F? It worked out quite well though, because then I went over to track practice and played around there. I threw Javelin like ten times, and I'm getting better, it’s really hard to do, and I also did pole vault, which I thought would he really scary but turned out to be super fun. I think I'll make an effort to make it back to another few of their practices to try even more events, like shot-put and discuss, and high jump, I really have wanted to try high jump.

I ended up practicing with Scott for two hours splitting the time between both of those events. Then I walked over to the tennis courts and sure enough, the girls were still practicing. That’s when I sat down next to Jake Unger and decided we'd play some of the girls. It was nice talking to Jake again; I haven't really done that in quite some time. Turns out he's pretty good at tennis. We played for about an hour until my arms were really sore from all the exercise.

Once again this blog entry sucks, it doesn't sound very interesting. Probably the most interesting thing that happened today was Luke Hightower trying to explain his new theory on life. Apparently there are two states of being, the conscious and unconscious. The conscious is where we are when we are awake, this world has limits and solid facts and ideas, and then there is the unconscious, the dream world, where you can basically do whatever you want. His take is you die and slip into the unconscious state. You interact there with whomever you choose and the world is as you want it. Heaven's exist because you believe they do and in an unconscious state you create them. Sounds pretty ridiculous. I talked with him about it, trying to understand how this would work, about as unique of a conversation as I've had in a while. I really like philosophy; I'm going to have to take it next year. It certainly will make me think, something I can't say I've been doing.

AP tests are next week! English anyways. I really want to pass that test, and not just pass, get a 5. If I got a 5 I'd have 20 credits at UO! 20 credits is so much! Even if I get a 3, which is the goal as of right now, I'll get 8, and 8 credits is better than zero.
The Government test is the week after that, and I'm not in any way prepared for that one. It's like APUSH all over again. I didn't pay attention, I can't recall any of the facts I should be able to, and I'm going to fail it. All I am hoping for is a 3, if I don't get it, it'll be disappointed but life will go on.

Now after these tests it’s like I'm going into a vegetative state. NO CLASSES! Drafting where I'm working on a house= easy, Late Arrival=LOVE, Yearbook=worthless, Leadership=graduation is it, AP GOV=movies, AP English= Project where I make fun of Powell. School is going to be soooo good after May 14th or whatever date my Gov test is. I'm going to go up and visit my brother that weekend too. Completely shut down and possibly have a job lined up. I really need to make money. I'm not broke, but I could use a lot more money, money in which I could finance awesome things.
Jeff and I talked about the Pacific Cascade trail that goes from Mexico to Canada. We can't exactly travel it all, that'd take several months, but we could do the Oregon Portion, or the Canada Portion, or something like that. I'd love to get out and hike. I rarely do anything outdoors like that and I can't see anything else that’s more worthwhile than walking several hundred miles. And there is going to be Germany! Oh GERMANY!!!!! We need to book our tickets ASAP, but it’s going to be amazing. What an experience, and it will be with Scott, the roommate to be, so we'll be having a good wake up to what living together will be like.
SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home