a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Timbers game and more

Today was a good time, in the morning I worked for four hours doing stuff for Mr. Wendell. In the time Scott and I turned a weed-filled planter, it was like 20 feet long) into a nice looking, newly tan barked, planter.

Then Megan called and we went swimming at the Lindsey Pool which, no offense to Brent and his apartment is way better than Brent's apartment’s pool. The water was so warm and clear and deep, it felt like I was scuba diving again. I wish I could, I had such a good time with that. Maybe I could sometime, probably not though.

Then, in like an hours notice we fricking whipped out a plan for a few of us to go into Portland and see a Timbers game. My goodness, I haven't been living to my full extent! I need to go to every match of theirs. No where else is it acceptable, or even encouraged, to yell curse words, flip people the bird, or drink so much alcohol. These soccer matches are the shiznit. The crowd was so energized and trendy too! I'm pretty sure Soccer has the trendiest fans I've seen. But it was so much fun! I wish I knew all the cheers the fan section did so I could join them. I definitely want to get a scarf like the rest. Whenever an opposing team member fell down after being hit, they'd flip the scarves over to reveal, "No Pity!" Oh, it appears I can print out all the cheers off the Timbers Army website. And the scarves are only $8, very solid. So anyways, whenever the ref would call a "bad call" the entire Army would flip them off. It was so entertaining, and then when the goalie(theirs) would kick it off, the fans would be clapping, then when he made contact, it'd go, "You are an asshole" or something like that. Absolutely classic. I'll definitely have to make it to a few more this summer. If anyone feels the urge to join me, let me know.

Then Megan and I drove around for a bit. It's awfully hard to think of things to do spur of the moment that will last a good hour and a half. I probably ought to make a list of late night things; we seem to run into that problem often. Also, if anyone has any good reasonable ideas, let me know. Glow-in-the-dark Frisbee comes to mind, and star gazing, but that’s about it. Peace out. Cheers to a good day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

next time, you should get your tickets in advance so they are cheaper, then go party with all the drunk happy people, im for sure going to another game, i really want to get into it! man those soccer fans were crazy! i loved it

11:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home