a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Not as good as yesterday, at least in the weather

Today wasn't nearly as nice as yesterday, it was overcast, and I don't like that.

It was a pretty slow day, maybe that weather change was it, but I didn't do nearly as much, or so it seems. I woke up around 11, as I previously stated to Anneliese and Jeff last night. I think I'd like to change that here soon, I'm tired of wasting the early part of the day, I'd love to get up like I did a while back and run at 6, play Frisbee golf around 8, then have the entire day to do whatever I wanted. Instead I'm a lazy bum and I've been sleeping in and wasting the beginning portion of the day.

After I woke up late I slumped around the house, doing nothing in particular until about 3. It was at 3 that I left the house to find a job, or at least go to a temp agency and get applications into them. Well, we only had one success, and we'll be going back tomorrow around 9:30 to get that squared away. While out and about I found my swim trunks that I thought I had lost; they were at Hawthorne in the lost and found. And while at Hawthorne we saw Evan Hiles, that lucky man has a job, a sweet ace job, selling food and drink poolside. How I wish I could have that sweet position.

Thus ends the Job search and begins the evening activities. We start out with Dinner at the Heter's. It was very nice out by then, the sun was somewhat out and it was fairly cool. We had grilled chicken, on a charcoal grill mind you, and that was absolutely delicious. They have a nice family, and you ought to get to know them. That David Heter is quite the pimp. We were walking down main street during Tuesday Market, our next stop, and he girls left and right he knew. I saw a girl I know. We kept on walking, and of course ate seeing as how that’s just about all there is to do at such an event. I had two scoops of ice cream; Chocolate Peanut Butter Chunk, and Cookie Dough in a cup. I am not a big fan of cones, they usual make a mess, limit the amount of time you have to eat your ice cream, aren't comfortable to hold, and aren't that great to eat. It is for these reasons I choose the less hassle cup where I can eat at my own pace, live carefree from worries of spilling the ice cream, and use a spoon. I like spoons.

I also like Watermelon, after the Market we went to Brent's house to play Halo and he had a giant bowl of it. I had three bowls full. I love Watermelon. But of course, after eating such a large quantity I had to restock the nearly empty large bowl. So I kindly cut up the other half of the juicy melon and then, since it was so juicy and made a mess, cleaned the kitchen. After all, we all probably ought to clean his house, we use it so much and the majority of the time he isn't even there. We also probably ought to restock his cereal and Jell-O. I found the secret to making Jell-O is the cool down. If you put it into the freezer and add a few ice cubes you can make it into the gelatin consistency within 30 minutes or so. I prefer the liquidy kind of Jell-O anyways, I don't like when its super firm and jiggler like. Either way, I usually end up turning it back into liquid form in my mouth.

I get a satisfaction from clean, while I don't need it to be there, it's nice to see the counter, or the desk. I think I'm sort of a simplistic type, I don't want much stuff around, of course it has to be livable and not completely empty looking, but I'd like to have my own apartment like Brent. I could see myself like that and it'd be pretty sweet. I'd get my dad, like him, to do the financial stuff involved, but make it a way sweet bachelor pad.

So I've got a play list going for softer easy listening types of songs to go. It's got some good stuff and I like listening to it at this time of night. John Butler Trio is in it, "Peaches and Cream" you should listen to that song of theirs, my brother suggested it to me and I'm happy he did. Then I've got "Carolina" from Ben Gibbard that I am especially fond of, also, I spoke about Griffin House before and he's good, I've got "Tell me a lie" on it. I don't really want to write out any more songs because I've got 35 in it, but its all good, trust me. Total Songs on my iTunes: 4861, and I just recently got that program to get music from Jake's iPod so I'll probably get another 2 thousand from that. Quite a bit of music, and sadly I don't listen to over a third of it. It's kind of a mood thing. I really ought to delete the stuff I don't ever think I'll be in the mood to listen, but I don't want it to be gone if I need it later. Say next year I have the urge to listen to more hard rock, or rap, well then I've got it here on my computer to listen to. Might as well have too much and be able to leave room for change than not and have to come up with new stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home