a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Monday, July 04, 2005

ahh.....

Today I woke up after 10 and went to my grandparent’s house to take care of their lawn. As I began listening to music my mind began to really wander and it was sort of an odd thing. It's strange how certain music relates not only to certain events, but to people, and when you hear a certain song, you might think of that event or that person. Then I turned on Mew and those ended and I was able to be productive. Mew is a good band to kind of zone out and get stuff done to, I don't know that any of you would like them, they're foreign and have a different sound, but they're worth trying. I am pretty sure I did the most fantastic job anyone ever has with a manual push-mower. So for this thing to make a dent in the grass you have to make at least 5 trips around the entire area of the lawn, and rake the excess away. After doing that I edged wonderfully, and overall it looks pretty great. Of course I raked the rest of the crap and the weeds were removed, but that wasn't what made it look as good as it did. The fact that a few weeks ago, when I had forgotten to mow it then did, it looks almost dead, and now it’s completely green. I'm good.

Then I came home and played Video games with my cousin and Brother. The Timbers game definitely got me in a mood to play soccer, so the yesterday I rented one for my X Box. It's funny to play because it’s not in any way realistic as far as rules because it is perfectly acceptable to slide tackle, kick, or push a guy over, even when he doesn't have the ball. But that’s what makes it worth playing; I can pretty much kick the crap out of every team on it. Mexico is really hard though, they're good.

Later in the evening, after my chicken dinner and 6 scoops of ice cream(I've been eating terribly ever since that campout, and that really needs to change, I feel awful) I tried to start a little LAN party of Tiger Woods golf with my brother and dad, but their computers were messing up and that didn't work out.

Then Becky came knocking on the door, and it turns out she was on a run and was in the neighborhood and stopped by. We walked back to her house and talked, then hung out for the rest of the night.

That is, until I got back and finished The Inferno 2 with my brother, minus the last episode, On Demand didn't have that one, stupid fool, completely ruined it for me. I want to watch it. It’s really intriguing watching people and how they act. Not just in TV, but in real life. If you can be completely indifferent, which I’m usually pretty good at, it works out. I’ve noticed things about others behaviors, and even what they say and see the motivation behind it and whether it’s just or just from the moment. That kind of creates a lack of personal interest though. I’m not sure where it really fits in, caring, and not caring. It’s hard to explain really. It’s like there’s times when I know I ought to care about what is being said and I truly do, and others that I feel bad because I don’t really care, but I care about the person and listen, but it doesn’t affect me. It’s sort of a double-edged knife. You can say you don’t care what people say, and in some regards that’s a very good thing, it means you’re confident about yourself, and then other times it seems, to me at least, to mean you don’t care about the person or their feelings and that’s not good at all. It’s terribly difficult to find a happy medium. Except the times when all the person really wants or needs is someone to listen.

I haven’t expressed all of my thoughts here tonight. Some of the things I want to put down are a little too hard to word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home