a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Oh well

My Brother is home sick with Mono, the kissing disease, which apparently isn't actually passed on from it. I don't see how it can't be, you are swapping saliva, if you roll that way, and swapping bodily fluids usually transmits disease, but I don't really feel like looking it up, so I'll take his word.

Yesterday I didn't do much that I can recall. I know I did yard work for a few hours finishing our Job at the Wendell’s. Then in the evening Anneliese, Scott, Megan, and her friend Nicole came over and we watched Life Aquatic. I can't say I thought it was amazing, it was alright, I'd have to watch it again. Maybe I ought to get high first. I'm beginning to imagine that’s part of the reason the sources saying it was such an amazing movie said so. Any who, it wasn't too shabby. The way it was shot was interesting, and the fact that money wasn't an issue was funny because they had basically anything they wanted. Like freaking handguns for each member, except the interns who had to share. But who gives their crew a gun to have just because they can? Weird, weird movie.

And then today was a lazy day. I woke up late, didn't mow my grandparents lawn like I usually do. I don't really care though, I get it done tomorrow. Then I watched TV with my brother Jake. We watched on Demand MTV Inferno 2. We basically watched the entire show in an hour and a half. If you fast forward through all the crap it’s really short. All I was interested in were the challenges; the fighting didn't interest me much. These people must get paid. No way would I do anything remotely close to what they do if the camera was on me. Well, I can't say I'd do anything remotely close to what they do even without cameras. I've realized I fairly chill guy compared to others. Little things don't bother me. If people want to talk about me behind my back, I don't think I'd care much. I'd certainly be curious, but I'm not going to throw their crap into a pool. I think it’s because most things I don't take extremely seriously. It's just sort of fun, and I'll play with it. I'm glad I stay away from conflict, or if I am involved, I'm usually trying to solve it for others.

I think the only things that get me upset are video games and my family leaving crap in my room. Oh, and Mr. Powell, I hate that man. Music definitely doesn't do anything to me. It affects Scott a lot, but me, I can't get pumped. Oh well. That will be on my gravestone: "DAVID BURTON ZAVERTNIK, 'OH WELL'," dates are thus far unknown, unless...my death is going to be on November 01 2079. So it will officially say,

DAVID BURTON ZAVERTNIK
August 3rd 1987
To
November 1st 2079
'Oh well.....'

Ah yes, it will be nice. I think it ought to be a tall one, one of the obelisque types. I like them the most. And perhaps some engravings on it. But look at that, that isn't for another 74 years, meaning I'll have lived 92 years. Hopefully the later of them had been healthy and I just died one day, maybe from saving my wife from her death. That's the way I'd like to go out, old and healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home