a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Saturday, July 16, 2005

It's official, I'm going to college this fall

I've once again let myself fall into the trap that is Hollywood entertainment. It's not something I can ever attain, nor something I am, but I'll state my thoughts anyways. I just saw Spanglish, and I'd like to be able to compare myself to Adam Sandlers character. He is so nice it's unbelievable and can always help people. I didn't do a good job of explaining him in any way shape or form, but if you go rent it and watch it, you'll see. It's just something I think I'm near to, not caring so much about how others treat me, but just being super chill and understanding of everything. I think it'd work out.

I got back from Eugene last night at 10:40. I will go ahead and go into a lengthy description of my stay down there. I got in around 9 on Wednesday to Kate Upton and John Ayres apartment. The complex they live in is extremely confusing and I can't find my way around very well after the one experience there before. But eventually I got the hang of it. When we got there they had just awoken from a nap, they seem to do that a lot. We got in and it was so close to nighttime we didn't do much, just sort of caught up and talked. We did eat a nice dinner at 12, we went to WinCo to buy groceries with them and made some pasta. After the late meal we went to bed; I had the aero bed from my house and Scott had their futon. We listened to our iPods and I fell asleep to Travis. I think I might overkill bands, I find one and latch on for an extended time until I find a new one to latch onto. Luckily I've discovered this recently and do my best to change it up so as not to allow this to happen.

The next morning we woke up at 7 to get their by 8 for Orientation, of course, with my skills, we got their a bit late, but it didn't matter because we were all herd into the athletic centers gym to watch a presentation that didn't start until 9. We waited, found Danny and Jared, and waited some more. Finally it began and we watched that and then split into groups. It was basically just like Tide Crew only on a larger scale and just as uninformative. I suppose it's mostly because I knew what they were saying and didn't have many questions. Either way, I didn't learn much of anything that day, but had a good time none-the-less. Walking the campus with new people was an experience for sure. I began to realize the implications of my leaving. I pushed on for the next 9 hours of the entire orientation and left after dinner in the Carson Hall. Scott and I went back to the apartment and once again chilled. We rented a movie; Fight Club, and watched it over some Ben and Jerry's. I can't say I liked that movie so much. It was too dark for my taste and it made me feel ill. It was just a crappy situation for the guy and he was pretty much crazy. The only aspect that might have sparked an interest was the thought of being beat the crap and seeing how I would end up. Could I actually get up after it like they did? Could I knock a guy out? No one will no, I don't intend on figuring that one out. I went to bed and had a hard time falling asleep. With the mood that the movie put me into, and the day’s events I had my first experience of feeling a little scared to move onto college.

After sleeping in past my alarm Scott and I woke up at 8, late, again, for our quick start to get to FIG sign-ups. We signed up for Cultural Studies of the Middle East and both got in. Unfortunately, later when I had my appointment with an advising to schedule I ended up dropping it because of a schedule conflict. Let me say one thing about my advisory experience, that woman was a freaking moron. I couldn't stand the way she talked, she wouldn't come to a point, and was as little help as possible in a very important thing. I wanted her to help me to figure out what to schedule in, but all she did was talk about useless garbage. At any rate I got my schedule and have 4 classes, and will need to sign up for a 5th when the stupid Oregon computers update my AP score into their data bank. I need writing 122 because I've tested out of 121, but you're not allowed to sign up until the score comes in, and they haven't got it. Pretty much that day, Friday, made me as angry as possible, I was frustrated with the idiot who couldn't fix problems and relaxed only upon playing Oregon Trail on John and Kate's computer. Boy is that game fun, I made it to Oregon with the second highest score. Scott and I did, that is, he played most of it, I just advised, much better than my advisor did for me. I actually helped him make decision unlike the stupid bitch who just confused me. Apparently nothing happened while I was gone either, so any place I went it’d most likely have turned out the same.

I met a few kids down there, and saw lots that I will be interacting with later on. Of the Architecture there is already a girl I don't like. She has an obnoxious voice and talks too much. Other girls seemed pretty neat. I'm sure it'll be nice to meet new people with common interests. The girls are certainly in no short supply.

On second review I don't know how pleasurable it would be to be like the character from Spanglish. He seemed lonely; no one showed him the love he showed everyone else. Except his daughter, but I don't think that'd be quite the satisfaction you'd want. Well, he doesn't have that to start at least; he finds it then loses it. Too bad, that would suck. I can't say I've had very good luck myself. Well, like I said before, lots of girls at UO, plenty more chances. Fifth time maybe? or maybe it will take more mistrials. Either way, something will work out.

how do I feel right now? A little disappointed I guess. My dog just bit my nose when I was playing with it, and that wasn't too neat. It hurt and all I was doing was being cool to her. It wasn't even a playful bite, it was vicious, and quick. A face full of dog in a flash. I'm also tired, although I haven't done much of anything except eat, sleep, and walk a stupid dog that bites me later. I walked her a long ways too, gave her good exercise. Stupid Katy. I don't know what I want to make me happy now. I'm also no unhappy though, just sort of middle groundish, no rewards or exciting events. I'll figure life out one day, that'll make me happy. Big time smile happy, or maybe not, it could be terribly disappointing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lovely said...

you didn't get 'fight club', therefore you suck. have a nice day.

3:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home