a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Thursday, October 27, 2005

I can't get my mind off of you

I carved a pumpkin tonight, two actually, with John and Kate at Barbara Joe's house. Barbara Joe is one of the nicest old ladies I've met; she's friends with the Upton's Grandma Lodan, another amazing old woman. That was a lot of fun, the one I took with me is a figure of a guy. That is probably the worst description ever, but it's about as good as it's going to get until I can get a picture of it, lit up hopefully. That pretty much took up most all of my night. It was so good to go to a comfortable house and eat home cooked food, and apple pie, that was delicious.

I don't think I'm doing too well in my classes. I just got back my Physics test and it said, 69%, but see, they didn't add correctly, I got 79%, which is not good either, but a lot better. I can't believe I got a C in my freaking Physics class! It's supposed to be super easy, why can't I ever do anything right? I hate that class and I want to rid myself of it very quickly. In Anthropology I've got a midterm tomorrow that I haven't really studied for, nor do I plan on studying for. All I can think about is going home, I want to be home. I wish I could have gone home tonight; I hate classes and don't want them anymore. I'll just go home and do something where I make lots of money. What am I really good at? Nothing practical, that’s for sure. I'm good at coasting through life without working. So if you ever need someone like that, I'm your man. Maybe you need an unreliable, lazy, kid to take up space, and that is when you call David Zavertnik.

I really don't even care though, I'd like to be better, I really would, but for now, I can only really think of being home, and that’s consuming everything else. I like to draw, but I'm not good enough to do anything. Think I could start a comic? I don't, I don't have any real characters I can draw well, nor am I witty enough to write a comic strip. I like photography but I couldn't get anywhere with that. I basically like arts, where does art get you though? You know what sounds really good to me? Studying art, everything art and getting good, and then getting a teaching degree. It seems like teaching is the cop-out. It's underpaid so I wouldn't get far. I need something that I can do and love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing's a copout if you have a passion for it.
Money, on the other hand, can justify absolutely nothing.

Oh, and by the way, It's interesting seeing your own personality and life unveil before yourself.

-Tatiana

11:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home