a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Monday, November 22, 2004

I-Pods rock

Today was pretty cool. I got to sleep in, that was really nice. I then got ready and went to Jakes Ideas and Art class where they held a discussion about some poems and things they read. It wasn't too bad except for the few people who tried to sound smart by bringing up tangents, but in fact these tangents were not very related at all and as my brother said, "Some of the people need to be silenced."
Then we left for 'The Daily' - his work, and the schools newspaper. It seems pretty laid back there, everyone basically fends for themselves and just recognizes that the deadlines are approaching. Jake seems to basically own that place, he comes in, people recognize and he gets to work without bother. I kind of liked the mac's they had, kind of neat and sleek. Some were better than others, the editors had the higher end ones and the lowly writers had the crappy ones. I got to surf the web, play games, and listen to Jakes forty GB I-Pod. Man that thing is sweet! I got to listen to all these bands people had told me about, but I had never gotten the chance to listen to, like Secret Machines. Yes Brian Davidson, I did listen to them and I agree they are good.
After we finished there we went to eat at Tokyo Garden, a little Teriyake restaurant on the Ave, the main street of UW. After that delicious meal we went home, made some phone calls, chilled for a bit until we decided to go on a run to Gas Works. This place is an old Gas works with these large gas boilers right next to the water. Between the large tanks and Lake Washington are some benches and pathways running down the waters edge. It's a gorgeous panorama of the entire City. Since we were there at night you could see all the lights and it was a truly beautiful site. According to my brother its make-out central, and I can see why, you could fashion a nice little picnic on the grassy noll and sit your girlfriend down and have quite the afternoon, or evening.
After we finished looking around there we went back, but instead of going the same way home, my brother wanted to make an adventure out of our run, and so we climbed the hills of Seattle's streets making an extremely round about path home. We dominated those hills, all that Cross Country running really paid off for me. And now here I am, sitting in his confined room, typing in my blog. And in a few short minutes I will be off to sleep. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home