a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Incredible

This morning was pretty bland. I woke up, went to work for the 3 and a half hours I teach guitar lessons, and then came home. Upon arriving at home I sat around, contemplating what I would do with the rest of my day; work on homework or play video games. Its not hard to decide between the two so I went upstairs, plopped down on my bed, and starting playing Halo.
Jeff arrived unexpectedly at about 3 and notified me that he was going to be applying to a coffee shop down at the tanasbourne mall, and that later tonight, he was free to do something. I said I'd like to see a movie, more specificly "The Incredibles." I thought he, Becky, Anneliese, and I could go have a pleasant evening at the Movies thanks to my birthday gift certificates to Cornelius 9 cinemas. While he was over Anneliese called and said we ought to hang out tonight, I said cool, and she said she'd call me. So Jeff left at 4 so he could get to the coffee shop and turn in his application and talk to the owner.
Meanwhile, I played Halo 2. I played, waited for the phone call, waited, talked on IM, waited for the phone call. Continued playing Halo, all the while accomplishing a lot by beating numerous levels, and waited for a phone call, checking my phone every little while to see if my phone had just not picked up. I ate dinner, it was pizza, I really like pizza a lot, and went back upstairs to play Halo. Still waiting for the phone call, by this time its like 8, and its getting to be too late to actually do anything so I figure i wasted another good Saturday night playing video games instead of having fun with some friends.
Then at about 8:30ish, Jeff comes over and asks if I want to do math. I think this is a funny question seeing as how its late to start doing math, but being the easy going guy I am, I go along with it. He says he wants to go over to Anneliese's and do it. I tell him I've been expecting a call but she hasn't so I figured she was gone to a party she said she was going to later tonight. I try calling and low and behold, she is there, I ask if she wants to do math and she says okay. So Jeff and I head over to her house and we are there not more than five minutes when Jeff says, "Oh, I need to go get my math stuff, I left it at home. Want to come with?" I say okay, and Anneliese says alright as well. So we get in the car and he turns the wrong way and starts heading towards main street instead of Jackson. I tell him he is going the wrong way but he says whatever he will get us there, and continues to drive. I tell him he needs to be going right, but he turns left, and I figure he is being funny and so I go along with it. We get onto Baseline and head towards Cornelius and Forest Grove. I tell him we need to turn right onto first but he goes straight through the light. All this time I am desperately saying, "JEFF! you are going the wrong way! Come on, you have to go RIGHT!" He says he is just taking us on an adventure and so I let it go and say that we just need to be sure to take the backway to get back onto Hornecker so we can do some math. He says that he thinks its the one right by cornelius 9 so I say NO! its not, but he turns in anyways and says there must be a through street, or he will just turn around in the parking lot. I think he is crazy but figure what the heck this kid is crazy, oh well. So we go around in a circle and just as we are about to leave he parks, and says okay. I finally realize he meant to go the wrong way and we were going to see the Movie.
He had planned it with Anneliese, who is ridiculous, she had thousands of chances to mess it up, and had things not gone perfectly she would have. Turns out that phone call was supposed to be her kidnapping me, but she fell asleep. So jeff pulled through, came over and told my parents and stole my gift certificates. He then faked the math thing, but since Anneliese had just woken up, she believed it, forgot about the plans to go to the movie. She even asked if he wanted to just borrow her things since she had all the supplies! Its wild how everything went together.
THIS IS VERY LONG I KNOW, but I am almost done. So we got to the movie, I am dumbfounded on how they pulled this off, and then the movie starts. ITS SOOOO GOOD! I was totally smiling the whole entire time. I absolutely loved it. And Highly recommend it to everyone in the world. I would even go see it again. Those artists are super talented, they have a scene where the characters hair are supposed to be wet, and its phenomenal, they did a fantastic job!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home