a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Sunday, December 12, 2004

P is for Party

Yesterday was the big day, Winter Formal. I got nice and dressed up in my Goodwill suit and tie, and my date, Allison Bertelson looked very nice in her ancient Roman style dress. We went to Marrakesh, a Moroccan restaurant in portland. The restaurant was awesome, the food was really good, the atmosphere was good, and they had a belly dancer which made for an interesting time. The only down side was the seating. You had to sit on this little tiny cushions on the floor and it wasn't incredibly comfortable, especially in a suit. It really wasn't too bad though, you didn't think much about it during most of dinner, just initially.
After dinner we booked it home, because as usually, we were over an hour late. I don't know why people continue to set reservations for so late at night, but it always happens and we also get shorted on the dance time. Once we got to the dance, it was even more awesome. I shook it like that polaroid picture, I didn't mind the low volume of the music, what I did mind was that everyone complained making it less fun to be dancing. I also lost Allison about 50 times. I was able to find her during the slow songs, and stay near her for a short period after that. She is a pretty girl that Allison Bertelson, and after she was done all up, even more beautiful. I also got to dance with two other gorgeous ladies; Becky and Anneliese. I enjoyed all of that and then we cleaned up and went to Jeff's.
At Jeff's we watched Casablanca, perfect for the night seeing as how the theme was just that. Things died down during that time, people left and such, and once the movie was over- and it was a good one- everyone left. I stayed and cleaned up then stayed the night. But before i went to bed i went outside because I had noticed earlier that the stars were really bright but I couldn't recognize a single constellation! I was sad because i took astronomy last year but none of it stayed with me. Thats when I needed Christine, so she could tell me them all, and cold nights under the stars always makes for a cuddly time. Then I went in and sat by their fire and wound down. The Upton kiddos kept asking me if I was okay, and people always do that whenever I become really quiet and just think to myself. I don't know why, but whatever, I can deal. Then I slept on their floor fully clothed in my suit and tie. I woke up after everyone had left for church, and let myself out and went home, where I have been, diligently doing homework, and getting stuff done. And now, I am going to bed. Goodnight!

1 Comments:

Blogger Elyse said...

David I dont know why, but I really love this entry. I think that it's really beautiful. You are blatantly yourself. That sounds stupid, but I mean it in a simple sense. I love that you sat by the fire and thought, I don't know- the idea of your night pleases me. It sounds really wonderful. I am glad that you had so much fun. I had no idea that your suit was from goodwill. :) Can you belive that was the last one? Happy and sad on that one.

12:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home