a man of both great physical attributes as well as mental awesomeness

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Floating....

I feel as though I'm floating through life these days. Nothing is greatly impacting me or leaving a mark in my day. I enjoyed my classes somewhat more today because I could perform the jobs well. I made a pretty good face for my self portrait of which I am finally semi-pleased with. Granted, it still needs work, but its much better than before, I had such good colors, most of which will be lost to me by Thursday. That is one difficult thing about painting in an hour and a half time frame, you lose your previous drive or inspiration's, and even if you get it back, it will have changed.
I'd say today I've felt competent, an important feature to have a good day. I could, for the most part do things well. I hit good shots in tennis, although my opponent today was much lower in skill level causing me to sink to his awkward shots and angles The warm weather beckoned me to leave and go elsewhere. I wanted so badly to go on a walk at a park, or a long drive with the windows down, lady on arm of course. Ha! There it goes again folks. I want vacation so I can roam the land. Tonight, after the poetry jam, a lovely event I'm glad I went to. Poor Mr. Ferris, I gave him a hug, I felt bad for him. Anywho, I was walking around in my flip-flops and jeans and great Los Gatos T-shirt, the cool air in my face and the bright stars overhead. I took off my flip flops and walked the rest of the way home. The cool pavement felt so good under my feet and I wanted so badly to take an extended walk, perhaps this time with music. I could definitely substitute one for the other. I wish I had an Ipod. It'd make life simpler, no CD's to carry.
This whole poetry deal, student poetry that is, of which I can understand and read into, makes me see the art in life. I've been thinking of poetry all night, and written a few poems myself. One about Fluffy the dog, remember him? I posted a picture of him in February. Look at it and here's the poem.

Fluffy is a Saint Bernard,
Similar to other pups of his kind,
He is small, cute, and cuddly.
However there is one thing,
That separates him from the others.

For as each day goes by,
And his friends lay around,
Dreaming of big bones and treats,
Fluffy reflects on world domination,
He is, after all, the destroyer of worlds.

While teething on bones he ponders,
What method is best for his siege,
Is it a bomb, a ray gun, or mind tricks?
Is it possible to truly deceive?
He is, after all, just a puppy.

No trick he may do,
No game he may play,
Could ever hint to the wiser,
No one would know,
That this little pup,
Is that of a world demiser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home